Premed 101 Forums

Summer Credits: Which Schools Count This?

Hey! 

Does anyone know which Ontario (or Canadian) medical schools take into consideration summer thesis credits and which ones do not? 

For example, for Queen's, my understanding is that it is only counted towards cGPA, not 2YGPA. Is this also the case for other schools?

Thanks in advance.

Hey! 

Does anyone know which Ontario (or Canadian) medical schools take into consideration summer thesis credits and which ones do not? 

For example, for Queen's, my understanding is that it is only counted towards cGPA, not 2YGPA. Is this also the case for other schools?

Thanks in advance.

mainly the one that will include the GPA in the scoring would be Mac in ontario. It does count for a credit taken when that is something important to you at other schools (like making up a missing course for Ottawa). 

Thank you! Is Mac the only school that counts summer courses into its GPA calculation? Are there others in Ontario as well? 

many one that will include the GPA in the scoring would be Mac in ontario. It does count for a credit taken when that is something important to you at other schools (like making up a missing course for Ottawa). 

Thank you! Is Mac the only school that counts summer courses into its GPA calculation? Are there others in Ontario as well? 

well you already mentioned Queens only one of its schemes for GPA calculation. But Ottawa, Toronto, Western don't so basically Mac is the main one that most people apply to (NOSM will also count them). 

and to be clear if you are in coop you can have summer courses count at most places but it has to be well organized and I strongly suggest reviewing the study plan with the school - probably doesn't apply in your case but I don't want people in general thinking they cannot count for specifically a common case. 

Archived