Premed 101 Forums

Help Planning U Of T Prerequisite Courses

Sorry this is a bit off topic for this time of year -- congratulations to everyone accepted into OT/PT grad school!!!

I am trying to plan my prerequisites to apply for U of T PT (among many others) as a back up for UBC PT. They list 5 prerequisites and state, "Approved courses are listed for three of the five prerequisite areas: human physiology, human anatomy and statistics/research methods. We do not list life/physical science courses or social science and/or humanities and/or languages courses because these categories are very broad and encompass hundreds (if not thousands) of possible choices for each school listed."

So, I took KIN 373 which covers the statistics/research portion of the prereqs. 

My question: is 0.5 credits all that is needed (I noticed it said stats OR research methods)? 

For the life/physical science requirement: does anyone know if I would be able to use my kinesiology courses? i.e., UBC KIN 275 exercise physiology

For the social science/humanities/languages, if I did something like Health Policy & Society (a Kinesiology course - specifically UBC KIN 261) would this cover the prereq? Or does it have to be from a department of the social science/humanities/languages? 

Sorry this is a bit off topic for this time of year -- congratulations to everyone accepted into OT/PT grad school!!!

I am trying to plan my prerequisites to apply for U of T PT (among many others) as a back up for UBC PT. They list 5 prerequisites and state, "Approved courses are listed for three of the five prerequisite areas: human physiology, human anatomy and statistics/research methods. We do not list life/physical science courses or social science and/or humanities and/or languages courses because these categories are very broad and encompass hundreds (if not thousands) of possible choices for each school listed."

So, I took KIN 373 which covers the statistics/research portion of the prereqs. 

My question: is 0.5 credits all that is needed (I noticed it said stats OR research methods)? 

For the life/physical science requirement: does anyone know if I would be able to use my kinesiology courses? i.e., UBC KIN 275 exercise physiology

For the social science/humanities/languages, if I did something like Health Policy & Society (a Kinesiology course - specifically UBC KIN 261) would this cover the prereq? Or does it have to be from a department of the social science/humanities/languages? 

I would definitely call/email the PT school assistant and ask for this type of information. They were very helpful with my pre-req's so that there wasn't any confusion!

Archived