Premed 101 Forums

To MDWannabe, bubbagump, kb, dubliner & other waitlistee

Guest sydney

Guest sydney

Hi guys,

Just wanted to tell you to keep the faith, there still may be some hope!!...I was in the admissions office today and spoke with the coordinator. I asked her approximately how far have they gone down the waitlist to this point, she said "about half". I also asked her if more offers will go out and she said "yes"...but those calls could not go out until they received the official decline. She also states that some of those recently called are declining (they have 10 days to send/fax in the paper apparently!!)...so hang in there, we are all crossing our fingers for you.

Take care,

Jessica

Guest MDWannabe

So nice of you to ask on our behalf! That's the first concrete info I've heard on the movement of the List. In the event we do get the now unexpected call, please keep me in mind for the Toronto-Hamilton carpool!

Guest bubbagump

Thanks for looking out for us Sydney/Jessica. It's nice to keep a bit of hope alive. You can bet that even if they call me in September, I'll show up with a s%$*-eating grin on my face.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the summer... worry free!

Guest ineedafan aka proteingirl

wow, thanks for the info. i'm surprised they revealed so much! i'm also surprised that there are people declining... by the way, does the "10 days" mean 10 business days or just 10 plain old fashioned days? hey it's gonna be 31 degrees outside today in my neck of the woods (and the indoor thermometer where i work read 29.6 degrees yesterday!!!!) anyone gotta fan???????????

Guest sydney

Hey guys...

FYI...the offer letter from Mac states that you must respond "within 10 working days, whether or not you accept this offer". So, basically you have 2 weeks to decide...not really necessary if you ask me, but those are the rules. Still crossing my fingers for everyone still waiting. Take care,

Jessica

Archived