Premed 101 Forums

What is going on now with waitlistees

Guest Goldendoc

Guest Goldendoc

Just wondering if anybody has any news about what is happening with waitlisted applicants. Is there still a good chance for them, is Mac increasing the spots, when will we hear since July 3rd has gone and passed. I am getting pretty worried about Mac since the time is passing and no calls have been received. If anyone can give me any info that would be great.

Thanks

GOLDENDOC

Guest sydney

Hey Goldendoc,

In a moment of weakness on Friday at 4:15, I decided to call the admin office to see if I could get any info. I recieved no information whatsoever that I didn't already know, except for a few details.

The woman I spoke to did say that a "few" offers had gone out in the "past couple of days" and that those people had 10 days, yes, 10 days to decide (I think that is crazy...as if you don't know whether or not you want to go to mac at this point!!!...) and that not all 128 spots had been filled. I also asked her if they were 1/4, 1/2 or 3/4's of the way down the wait list...she said she isn't doing the callling, so she didn't know (and couldn't put me through to those who knew...). I also asked her about the 10 rumored spots and she said "nothing as been confirmed" and again asked how many were on the wait list and she said, "I can't telll you." As you can see, not a helpful conversation.

I really do find it had to believe that none of us regular posters have heard anything...are we all at the bottom of the list?? Statistically speaking, you really wouldn't think so as there seem to be 8 or 9 of us who check this site regularly...

So, I guess we are still supposed to put our lives on hold in hopes of getting that elusive call. Stay positive guys...take care,

Syd

Guest Angela

Hi Everyone!

I just received a call from the md admissions office this morning at 8:51 a.m. They offered me a spot off the waiting list!

I tried to find out from the person how far they are on the waiting list, but she told me that she hasn't even counted. Sorry, I tried.....

Other than that, there is no new info. Just like Sydney wrote in her last post, you're given 10 days to get back to them. Actually, you have to mail everything back within 10 days. You don't have 10 days to decide.

Now we know that they're still making phone calls for real. I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you. Hope to hear from you soon!

Angela :)

Guest bubbagump

Good to hear you got the good news. Congratulations, and good luck in school. Hopefully some of us will also be there to meet you.

Guest docR

Hi guys!

Just thought I would post to let you know that the list is still moving. I got the call today a little after 9am. Like Angela said I have 10 days to return everything. Good luck to the rest of you...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Does anyone know when the first day of classes is?

Take care.

Rash

Guest sydney

I can't believe it...I got the call this morning too!!! I'm still in shock...I think I'll go in person and drop off the paperwork seeing as I have a meeting in the building...great news Angela and DocR...were still holding out for Bubba and crossing our fingers...

Cheers!!

Jessica (aka Sydney)

Guest ItsmeMelissa

AWESOME NEWS JESSICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now when we hook up we can have a **celebratory** bevvie!!!!!

Glad to hear that some of you in agony over the past month are finally getting some good news! CONGRATS!!! For those of you who haven't heard, sounds like things are starting to move so don't give up hope... :D

Melissa

Guest bubbagump

Wow! Great news for all of you. Y'all really deserve it. And thanks for the well-wishing, sydney.

Does anyone know if these new offers are for the original 128 seats, or could this rush of offers be an indication of extra seats? Obviously, those of us still waiting would be happy to hear that these offers are not due to the extra seats...

Again, congrats everyone. Even in victory, you are gracious. Time to go get stupid!

Guest MDWannabe

I'm so happy for you and the others who just got in. Nice to see a little excitement for a change. I think it's also pretty wild, given that you just called on Friday afternoon, that they couldn't give you any info; and then suddenly, only 2 business hours later, you're in! It's just an indication of how well they are holding back the info. I would imagine that all this activity is a result of the new seats being dished out, and that the rest of us better consider our options...

Best of luck to you all!

Guest bubbagump

I called admissions to see if new spots have been added, and yes, there were 10 added. The woman on the phone wasn't sure if offers for these have started or not, but it sure sounds like that is what is going on.

Guest Sumi23

Congratulations to all of you who made it in. I am really happy to hear that you guys got the call. It was a very very long wait...

I hope those of you who are waiting get some good news soon too. Hopefully, they haven't called people for the new 10 seats.

Angela: Good to know you made it especially cuz I met you during the interviews. Too bad I won't be in your class! Best wishes for all your future med adventures.

Guest proteingirl

hi all,

i called the admissions office this morning and yes, all those calls that went out yesterday were for the 10 extra spots added (138 seats total). the waitlist is still open but it all depends on whether the people called accept or decline... so that's the update...

Guest MDWannabe

My number is up!

Mac called a few minutes ago to give me the news, so know that any of you can get the call any day, any time. Thanks so much to all of you for your regular postings and support. It made the dreaded wait list so much more bearable!

Good luck to all of you still waiting.

Sydney, what about that carpool?!

Guest sydney

Just thought I would check out the site to see if there has been any news...yeah, congrats MDWannabe!!! So, you live in the city? I'm in West Oakville and will be commuting everyday likely to the school (about 20-22 minutes), whereabouts are you, do you need transportation? What's your real name...you do need a new name now anyways, might as well use your real one!!

Still crossing my fingers for bubba, goldendoc and the other waitlistees...I don't know if they have yet to decide on the deferrals either, so there still will likely be movement!! Take care,

Jessica

Guest MDWannabe

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for the good wishes. I'm really pulling for those guys too - this forum has really built a team spirit into the process.

As to the commute, I'm smack in the middle of Toronto; probably looking at a bit under an hour on a good day, so I don't think you'll be picking ME up! But I'll be happy to pick you up on the way every now and then...

David

Guest Angela

Congratulations MDWannabe! Glad to hear that they're still calling.

I'm still keeping my fingers crosses for the other regulars on this forum still waiting.

Good luck everyone!

Guest dubliner

well hey,

got the call from Mac on thursday aft - I didn't check my msgs at home until this Sunday - I'm on the road, traveling around in a vw van...

i'd already happily decided to go in a different direction...now I gotta make the decision!

weird

dc

I have got a call on Mon. 8/6. That's great, I still can not believe it.

Congrats to you all and for all wait listed I hope you get your phone calls soon.

Guest Bone Head

Hi Angela,

If you are who I think you are.....CONGRATULATIONS! From your posts, I think we went to Innis together and I took a Classics course with you....that's how I met you. If I have the wrong person, just pardon me. Hope I have the right person.

A.

Guest Angela

Hi!

I did go to Innis and I did take a Classics course, but I'm not sure if I'm the one you're thinking of. I didn't take that course until third or fourth year (my memory is failing :P)

Who are you and what are you doing now?

Angela

Archived