Premed 101 Forums

weird dreams anyone?

Guest nicolekavita

Guest nicolekavita

Is anyone else waking up lately to the craziest dreams.... which you think is somehow linked to you receiving a letter?!?!

I dreamt that my postman delievered my mail on the 7 day of the 7 month in the year 7777! :b

I guess I had too much 7'up to drink before bed?;)

Nicole

Guest macdaddyeh

Nicole:

I think one has to be sleeping in order to dream. If only I could get some sleep:rolleyes . If only we knew those letters were on the way.....:\

Guest K2Optimist

Wow, I've been having Mac dreams lately too! The other night I had a dream that I went to the 3-on-1 portion of the interview and then I FORGOT to attend the stimulated tutorial!!!!! What a nightmare! :P

Guest Tartuffe

eek

Last night I had a dream that while I was doing the 3-on-1 interview, one of them told me...

"well tartuffe, it seems that you have been rejected.... what are you doing here ?" :o

The good side of this waiting, is that now I am full of hope and next week-end I will probably be crushed :(

Good luck everyone !!

Guest sally2001

tartuffe,

that was very funny; thanks for sharing that. i certainly hope that doesn't ever happen in real life!!!

best of luck to you (all)

My wife is on nights this week so I get all screwed up. The baby went to bed at 1130 last night and I was up until 4AM reading a bad Tom Clancy novel. When I finally fell asleep I dreamed my 3-year-old daughter was the mail man! And my wife and I were chasing her down a cobblestone steet somewhere in Europe but she kept yelling over her shoulder "Papa, papa, don't do-it, don't-do-it, the letters" (whatever that means). Of course I never got to see the letters... but I should propably go see a psychiatrist.

Feel free to psychoanalyze.

Matt

Guest macdaddyeh

Now that I think of it, I have had a recurring dream that I've had to retake the toughest course I've ever taken in my life at University (a foreign language course) so that I can boost my GPA, but the professor tells me there was some major error on my final exam and my mark will be affected!

I think these "weird" dreams are a prerequesite for applying and waiting to get an interview. Just wait till people start getting interviews. :eek I'd love to hear about the content of those dreams!

Guest mumfirst

This is my second year applying. Last year, just before letters were due out, I dreamt that all applicants had to go down to the local highschool to find out their interview status. (I haven't been to highschool in 20 years! so I don't know where that came from.) When I got there, everyone was walking around with big helium-filled balloons with "congratulations" on them and getting flowers from their families (yes, this was just for getting an interview, not for actually being admitted!).. I looked up on the big overhead screen and my name was at the top of the list with REJECT written beside it about 10 times. A couple of weeks later, my "thanks but no thanks" letter arrived in the mail.

This year...... a friend of mine that I haven't seen in a couple of years called me just after I sent in my application to tell me that she had had a dream that I had been accepted! Then, last week I dreamt that I was at Mac and walking up and down the halls trying to find the room where I was supposed to have my interview. Not good that I was lost but at least I was invited!!! :) Hopefully this will bode well for me, and if I am so lucky as to receive an interview, I will definitely be there well before time so that I can find the room....maybe I will even check it out the night before. :lol

Guest eJaya

Hi guys,

This is absolutely the best thread ever. I had a dream the other night that I was rollerskating on a pool of jello in Hamilton with everyone who was accepted to Mac. We were all singing(?) the Hippocratic Oath (for some reason, I knew the oath in my dream).

Keep those dreams coming!

My roommates were even in stitches!

Guest me maniac

eJaya,

A word of advice: please get help - immediately!!!!!:lol

Just kidding.... I have been having my share of dreams lately too.... just a bit bizzarre to share - just in case you guys out in cyber space think that I need help too!!!:D

I love this forum...

me

Guest Carolyn

I woke up the other night in a panic sure that I was utterly lost at Sunnybrook - my next step on the journey

That said I figure it can't be as bad as MUMC -- just wait until you guys end up here and are told your first week to one of the remote rooms in MUMC -- you could be told to go to a room number like 4N11GA in the purple area which is beside the blue area with green curtains and the yellow light and the happy face on the wall... just kidding - but it is quite ridiculous... I found out at the beginning of third year that there actually is a map that might have saved me hours of time in my first two years...

Best of luck to everyone this week. I really hope it is good news.

Carolyn

Guest misagh

Woohoo! I'm not the only one having strange dreams!

I dreamt about a month before receiving an invite at Ottawa U, that I was in a place that looked strikingly like the main atrium in the med building... there were lots of people there, and we were all going somewhere together... when I woke up, I thought it was a field-trip or something... then I got the invite in the mail. I usually never have dreams like this!

Carolyn's post got me thinking about a dream I had perhaps a week after receiving the invite. I dreamt that I was in a school, but I was really lost and I couldn't find my way through the halls. I came to dead-ends, impossible corridors, strange holes in the floor, etc.... and it was really dark... and I think I was being chased? Please tell me I wasn't dreaming about McMaster!! (They don't chase the applicants around the building, do they? ;) )

Anyways, sounds like we all need some hardcore chillaxing!! :)

Archived