Premed 101 Forums

Western Application

Hi everyone,

I am a bit confused about the Activities/Employment section of the application. I have received my undergraduate degree without any breaks and I am currently taking a year off. So just to clarify for this section, should I be listing all of my activities from highschool up until now even though they have not prevented me from attending school full time? Here is what it says on their website:

"List all your extracurricular activities (e.g., volunteering, hobbies, sports, employment, travel, etc.), from the time you completed high school until the present which prevented you from attending school full time at any point in your postsecondary history. Start with the most recent activities.
You only need to complete this section if you had a break in your postsecondary education, or are not currently enrolled in a full-time academic program. You will have the opportunity to list all of the extracurricular activities in which you have been involved throughout your postsecondary education when you respond to the questions in the Autobiographical Sketch."

"You only need to complete this section if you had a break in your postsecondary education, or are not currently enrolled in a full-time academic program" ... 

Only for your year off.

" You will have the opportunity to list all of the extracurricular activities in which you have been involved throughout your postsecondary education when you respond to the questions in the Autobiographical Sketch "

You can boast about yourself in the sketch ^_^

It's quite clear IMO :rolleyes: but from what it reads it seems they only want you to list only what you did on your year off... they want to know if you did something to better yourself/strengthen your app in your year off. Everything else that you've done while in school save for the sketch.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in a similar situation as OP. After graduating, I've only really been continuing to do the same activities I did during undergrad. Of course I've been investing more hours now that I don't go to school anymore but should I include the things I've *continued with* for as many as 6 to 17 years?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2017 at 4:11 PM, Zaandrei. said:

It's quite clear IMO :rolleyes: but from what it reads it seems they only want you to list only what you did on your year off... they want to know if you did something to better yourself/strengthen your app in your year off. Everything else that you've done while in school save for the sketch.

Damn bro you still post here? you're the last of our class....

Archived