Premed 101 Forums

Part time???

Hey guys, 

I was just offered an opportunity to be a part of a very high level sports team for the next two years. It would mean I would have to take part time studies, for next semester and next year. Only 3 courses per semester. 

I'd still be eligible to apply (enough courses completed) by September 2020. 

Would the part time studies hurt me at all? I know you're allowed to apply but does the fact that the studies are part time hurt you at all for Mac? I am really struggling with this decision so plz let me know your thoughts! 

If I remember correctly Mac only looks at your cumulative GPA, so it shouldn't matter. As long as you have a competitive GPA, CARS score on your MCAT and do well on the CASPer test, that's all that matters. There isn't some sort of subjective evaluation of courseload.

Please refer to their admissions website or email them directly if you are seeking confirmation.

8 minutes ago, freewheeler said:

If I remember correctly Mac only looks at your cumulative GPA, so it shouldn't matter. As long as you have a competitive GPA, CARS score on your MCAT and do well on the CASPer test, that's all that matters. There isn't some sort of subjective evaluation of courseload.

Please refer to their admissions website or email them directly if you are seeking confirmation.

Yeah.. thats what I got from their website as well. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't some sort of known disadvantage. 

Archived