Premed 101 Forums

Am I screwed?

Arztin

Uh oh. Any way you can get it changed in CaRMS at this point?

If not, you might have to contact the program directly. Best case is that the program already knows you and laughs it off, files are printed out for review and you can replace it that way, or you can turn the mea culpa into something funny and memorable that helps your application (unfortunately I can't help you there)

7 hours ago, Arztin said:

I just realized how I said in one of my letters for my top program choice how I wanted to go to another school. Oh my god... -_-

Am I really screwed?

This is like embarrassing and sooo annoying... Ugh, when you apply to 20 something programs........

This is like one of my worst nightmares. :eek: I checked I don't know how many times the letters, and during the last 24hbefore the deadline I was checking them all over and over again. Now I'm afraid to check those letters again and find out something like this. I'd have a heart attack. 

Hopefully it won't hurt your application, and since you know them very well it might even turn out to be some joke/nickname you'll have to live with for the next few years if you match there. lol :lol:

On 11/24/2017 at 3:37 PM, Arztin said:

I emailed the chief resident who found my mistake to be funny, and happens to be working with the PD today. So I didn't automatically self-disqualify, but oh god they are clearly going to rub it in my face jokingly during interviews....

yeah, unnecessary stress - great :)

at least they have a sense of humour about things! 

Archived