Premed 101 Forums

Has anyone got the interview invite email for Mac PT yet?

27 minutes ago, Trace95 said:

Joking about what? That everyone above 3.3 that meets the prereq requirements gets an interview? Because that's true for this year.

What? Seriously? What did your email say? So they're inviting anyone with >3.3 GPA and making you pay $40? Perhaps they're inviting more people for more cash?

9 minutes ago, PTJunkie said:

What? Seriously? What did your email say? So they're inviting anyone with >3.3 GPA and making you pay $40? Perhaps they're inviting more people for more cash?

Its on their admissions website. The interview score is worth 75% and sGPA is worth 25%, so I think they changed it because they consider the interview process to be more important than grades. 

1 hour ago, PTJunkie said:

Yea, see I think 3.3 is the minimum for prerequisite grades. Admissions is way more competitive!

I was told (a couple years back) that all Ontario schools are planning to be more holistic in their approach to admission. Maybe this is their first step, or maybe not, who knows. That’d be pretty cool though.. you can get a taste of someone’s personality through an interview. Like Trace95 said, people don’t need a 3.9/4 to be a good PT, and the GPA increase over the past 3-5 years has been pretty ridiculous. 

On 2/15/2018 at 6:39 PM, Trace95 said:

Joking about what? That everyone above 3.3 that meets the prereq requirements gets an interview? Because that's true for this year.

Damn, and here I thought that was a joke...

Sounds like a money grab to me under the veil of 'seeking a more rounded applicant'

Archived