Premed 101 Forums

Working Part-time while in dental school

28 minutes ago, hopefuldentist22 said:

I have asked lots of Dental students/Dentists this and they all said no, because it just isn't manageable with the amount of stuff you are learning and the constant exams and stuff. 

You won't have enough time to work many hours, if you do choose to take a part time job, hence you won't be making much money to make it worthwhile and you probably will increase the likelihood of burning out.

Take it easy! With the free time you do get, you should cherish it and relax. After the 4 years, you will miss a lot of the privileges of being a relatively care-free adult

Edit: For perspective, in Schulich 1st year your gen med block lasts around 4 months of 35 hour weeks. Dental school imo is a full time job as is

I’d say don’t bother.  Unless you are able to get a fairly high paying part time job, the money you earn will be insignificant compared to both your expenses and your future earnings. 

I was very busy and stressed in dental school.  You don’t want to deal with a part time job when you have 9 exams in a month.  

Archived