Premed 101 Forums

non-traditional

Médecine1

21 minutes ago, SunAndMoon said:

You need labs

I've been told that this is what they say, but that they do admit people who've done the prereqs without the labs, so this might not be an absolute truth. I would suggest taking a few labs at Cegep during summer if you can, I did it after doing the BAC120 at UdeM just to show good faith.

44 minutes ago, SpeedyPotato said:

I've been told that this is what they say, but that they do admit people who've done the prereqs without the labs, so this might not be an absolute truth. I would suggest taking a few labs at Cegep during summer if you can, I did it after doing the BAC120 at UdeM just to show good faith.

That is true, but the question was not "Do people get in without labs?" It was "Do you need labs?" 

As per the admissions website the answer to that question could not be clearer. I know someone who got in with the Bac 120 courses too, but when it came time for me to redo my prereqs Admissions were clear that I was not to take those and that they would not be admissible. 

I wouldn't risk it at all if I were an applicant.

41 minutes ago, SunAndMoon said:

That is true, but the question was not "Do people get in without labs?" It was "Do you need labs?" 

As per the admissions website the answer to that question could not be clearer. I know someone who got in with the Bac 120 courses too, but when it came time for me to redo my prereqs Admissions were clear that I was not to take those and that they would not be admissible. 

I wouldn't risk it at all if I were an applicant.

Very true, although I was basically told by admission that they just want you to have lab experience. Per example, if you graduated from biomed or any other degree which has lab, they probably would consider that you don't need the labs from Cegep level courses.

10 minutes ago, SpeedyPotato said:

Very true, although I was basically told by admission that they just want you to have lab experience. Per example, if you graduated from biomed or any other degree which has lab, they probably would consider that you don't need the labs from Cegep level courses.

Better to do the labs just to be on the safe side. You don't want to be ineligible based on a technicality that isn't in writing on their website. 

1 hour ago, dreamteam22 said:

Better to do the labs just to be on the safe side. You don't want to be ineligible based on a technicality that isn't in writing on their website. 

Of course not, but that being said, it is also not worth waiting to apply until you have done all the labs they say they require, especially if you've got a lot of lab experience as an undergrad, which to me, doesn't even compare to the bs lab courses in Cegep... I mean no disrespect..

Archived