Premed 101 Forums

My situation!!!

Guest kylle345

Guest kylle345

I plan on applying to McMaster in October of 2003. My courseload for 1st year was 4.5 credits and second year was 5 credits. This July I plan on taking a 2nd year summer course so I would have 10 credits in total for all my years completed so far. Would I still be legit?? or would I get disquilified because I did not take 5 full credits in year one?

My plans are to apply as a third year student!!

Also it says you need 10 credits above the 1st year level by like June. So does this apply to me now by for 5 credits above first year by June (since i am applying in third year) or does it mean that if I get accepted I will need to have 10 credits by June when I have completed 3 years of undergrad study???

Thanks

Kyle

Guest carletongirl

Hi Kyle,

I think you will be fine for applying in October. I ended up taking a course in the summer after my first year and 4.5 credits during my second year. I think they just want a total of 10 credits done, but you should take a full course load in your third year (the year in which you are applying).

Guest VwDubber

Hi Kyle,

I think you are ok. Just make sure you have at least 10 full year courses (or 20 half courses) above year one (by June 30, 2004)

Archived