Premed 101 Forums

References Called?

Guest shelleyrn

Guest shelleyrn

Hello everyone! How are the nerves holding out?:eek

I was wondering if any of you knew or have heard if any of your references have been contacted? (I haven't).......just curious, as I'm sure they're tallying up the points (how ever they do that;) ) as we speak...Shelley

Guest Carolyn

Hi Shelley,

I don't remember why I think this so take it with a grain of salt of course, but I believe they often only call references if they have 'concerns'... So don't read into it too much!

Carolyn

Guest Lynlloyd

I haven't heard that any of mine have been contacted!

The time is getting closer......Will I have ANY fingernails left??

Lynlloyd.

Guest shelleyrn

Hey Carolyn,

Thanks for your quick response....Ahhh....Now I remember...Could I possibly think of something else other than this process!!! Yoiks....I cannot wait to get this over with, so I can get my life (and my brain) back on track....it's a bit tough planning 2 or 3 (or 4) potential paths to go on after the 30th....I am sure you can relate, as I see you are almost through the last hoop! (congrats!)

Here's to the 30th, and life, and summer, and tulips, and Grand Beach....ahhhh.....Shelley

Guest jmh2005

They do not any references unless they see a discrepancy or a problem usually. So no worries, you're references will not likely be called at this point. Good luck to all!

Guest PDSP

Lynlloyd,

"Will I have ANY fingernails left??"

A good set of fake fingernails at this point might save your cuticles! Hang in there. I think all of us are at the point where we have med school anxiety on the brain at least once an hour. I have a calendar marked with "days till June 3rd" (22 days as of today).

See you later this week.

PD

Guest Lynlloyd

Hi there PD,

Yes, I agree. A good set of falsies would do right about now!!

An October to June application process!!!! Surely, applying to med school must take longer than any other type of application!

BUT.....it will soon be over!!!!! 22 days by your count!! It sure helps to know that one is not alone in the waiting game. See you later in the week.

TTFN, Lynlloyd.

Archived