Premed 101 Forums

World Rankings For Physiotherapy

I was wondering if there were any World Rankings from an accredited organization for Physiotherapy. The reason I ask is that as someone who has applied to schools in Canada,UK, and Australia, it is hard to differentiate which country would provide a better level of education and which schools have a better reputation. If someone could provide insight that would be great! Thankss

It would be difficult to compare schools from different countries because the scope of practice changes pretty drastically depending on which country you are in. Each school would therefore focus on what is emphasized in that country and have a drastically different curriculum. For example, in many Asian countries, PT cannot be accessed without a referral from a doctor. They may have less business training as a result. In the UK, the PTs have a much more thorough cardiorespiratory section, as in the hospital, PTs have a role similar to respiratory therapists. It would be nice to have a large chart however that compares the strengths and weaknesses of all the schools offering PT in the world but none exist that I know of!

Archived