90 replies to this topic

#81 Jess24

Jess24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:31 PM

Thanks Dassy!

I also can't find fees information on the website, do you (or anyone else) happen to have a fees breakdown?

#82 dassy

dassy

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:20 PM

Thanks Dassy!

I also can't find fees information on the website, do you (or anyone else) happen to have a fees breakdown?

Np :)

Check out here for fees/cost: http://www.queensu.c...UG_Domestic.pdf

Check out here for FAQs/How to make payments: http://www.queensu.c...ls/tuition-fees

You should be getting an email/package from Queens that also details this information later on in the summer.

HBSc, MSc (UofT)
Queen's Med 2018

#83 Sunny2019

Sunny2019

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 03:50 PM

Do you have any recommendations for a new laptop? I'm debating between a Macbook Air and a Macbook Pro. Is there any reason to pick one over the other? What do most students have?

#84 Riverpeth

Riverpeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:43 PM

Do you have any recommendations for a new laptop? I'm debating between a Macbook Air and a Macbook Pro. Is there any reason to pick one over the other? What do most students have?

Honestly, right now a Macbook Air would be a terrible purchase considering the hardware it's packing. If you had to go Apple, I'd go Pro, but I would highly recommend getting the new Dell XPS 13 with infinity display if you wanted something lighter and more "ultrabook"-esque. It puts the Macbook Air to shame regarding memory, processing power, etc. Due to the nearly non-existent bezel, it's a 13inch laptop screen in the chasis of a standard 11inch laptop. Super lightweight, with amazing battery life.

Queen's Medicine 2019

#85 commanderadama

commanderadama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:23 PM

I was debating between the air and pro and went for the pro. It's 1lb heavier than the air but the specs were a lot better. I haven't really strained my computer yet but it's been great so far. 

Queen's MD 2019

#86 snacks

snacks

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:31 PM

I debated this a couple years ago and went with the Pro with retina display and a few upgrades. The computing power and the display are just much better, without much of a trade off for portability. There is also the new MacBook, which I can't really comment on since it wasn't around when I was in the market.

Schulich MD 2019

#87 boggie111

boggie111

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:43 PM

I debated this a couple years ago and went with the Pro with retina display and a few upgrades. The computing power and the display are just much better, without much of a trade off for portability. There is also the new MacBook, which I can't really comment on since it wasn't around when I was in the market.

I agree, the performance and the quality of the display on the Pro far outweigh any loss in portability since the Pro is already so light. I think the new MacBook is unnecessarily expensive for its performance. I'd say the Pro is your best bet at this point - I've been loving mine.

Dalhousie Medical School - Class of 2019 (OOP)

#88 freewheeler

freewheeler

• Members
  • 559 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 07:58 PM

I would go for the Air. I was in a similar situation earlier this year and after thorough consideration I picked up a macbook air and have not regretted it. The battery life of the air is unmatched by the pro and that was a huge factor for me. I use my laptop mostly for email, web browsing and microsoft office so the extended battery life and lighter weight were great. Keep in mind the air does not have a cd-rom or an ethernet port if that is something you're interested in. It's designed for productivity on the go. 

MD 2019

#89 SA95

SA95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:20 PM

Hello! I am currently a registered nurse and plan on taking a year off to work as a nurse, gain more experience and hopefully get involved in research, as well as take additional courses. I am wondering if Queen's has a certain perception (for lack of a better term) on nurses applying to medical school? 

Also, are there any previous nurses in your class? :) 

• sykern likes this

#90 Producer

Producer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:07 AM

Hello,

What is your day-to day during your undergrad at queens medical school? :)

#91 helicase

helicase

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • LocationBC

Posted 07 May 2017 - 02:01 AM

Hello,

What is your day-to day during your undergrad at queens medical school? :)

https://meds.queensu.../a_typical_week

This was posted on the interview website- may be some of what you're looking for!

• Producer likes this

2016/2017 Cycle:

Applied: UBC (IP), Queens

Interviewed: Queens

Waitlisted: Queens

Accepted: 

"He had come a long way to this blue lawn, and his dream must have seemed so close that he could hardly fail to grasp it."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users