Premed 101 Forums

VIA rail OMA discount?

1 hour ago, seventeenfour44 said:

Hey everyone!

I heard that OMA members get a discount on VIA rail? Can anyone confirm whether this true, and if it's better than the discount that is already provided by some institutions? 

I believe the OMA discounts for VIA rail do not apply for Escape fares, which is unfortunate since most of us will try to book Escape fares. 

1 hour ago, rmorelan said:

is that new? it worked for me on all plans before. 

Possibly? When my friends and I tried to book Via Rail during our CaRMS Tour, we were surprised to find out that the discount did not apply for the Escapes fares as well.

Anyway, for OP's sake I just checked it out again, and verified that it will not work for Escape Fares, only Economy and above...

I am not aware of any other discount codes which work for Escape Fares. If any member knows, please do share the savings ;)

3 minutes ago, rmorelan said:

yeah let us know what you find out :)

some of the OMA discounts are not bad actually. I am still using my cell phone plan I got through it from year 1. 

That cellphone plan is no longer being offered unfortunately... It's probably one of the best in the market so I would fight hard to keep it when your contract is up for renewal.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2017 at 4:13 AM, ArchEnemy said:

That cellphone plan is no longer being offered unfortunately... It's probably one of the best in the market so I would fight hard to keep it when your contract is up for renewal.

Oh yeh - cellphone costs just kill me - lol 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived