Premed 101 Forums

Worried that my GPA isn't high enough (annoying post, sorry)

I know these posts are very annoying. I am sorry in advance.

I will only be applying to McMaster. It has been my #1 choice for years. 

3.83 overall GPA and 129 CARS. I am worried that my GPA will not be considered competitive.. I am seeing students with 3.9+  I don't know how you guys do it!

I have a 3.99 GPA in my last 2 years of uni but my overall GPA does not seem adequate.

Please help! Should I rewrite the MCAT this summer and shoot for 130+ on CARS? Is my GPA too low?

Very insecure pre-med student over here :(

24 minutes ago, pyridoxal-phosphate said:

I feel like retaking a 129 CARS is pretty damn risky and I wouldn't do it. 

Aren't these stats only slightly below the average (if at all)? 

I believe the average GPA at Mac is 3.86, so yours is slightly below average. I believe it will be a better idea if you work on CASPer to improver your chances of getting an interview.

1 hour ago, mcmac said:

I know these posts are very annoying. I am sorry in advance.

I will only be applying to McMaster. It has been my #1 choice for years. 

3.83 overall GPA and 129 CARS. I am worried that my GPA will not be considered competitive.. I am seeing students with 3.9+  I don't know how you guys do it!

I have a 3.99 GPA in my last 2 years of uni but my overall GPA does not seem adequate.

Please help! Should I rewrite the MCAT this summer and shoot for 130+ on CARS? Is my GPA too low?

Very insecure pre-med student over here :(

Mac's average GPA is 3.84 and 129 CARS. You only need to work on CASPER and scoring average on that will guarantee you an interview. Check out my tips in your messages.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a cGPA of I think 3.78 and CARS of 126 and got in this past year. It’s very possible for you to have a chance. It just takes a bit higher CASPER score for the invite, and then after that it’s essentially the interview that will determine your fate (70% interview, 15% CARS, 15% GPA). Considering your CARS score is good, if you practice and do well on the interview/CASPER you have a shot.

Archived