Premed 101 Forums

Most important physics topics - planning to skim review

Hey - MCAT rewrite planned for late August. Planning a decently thorough review of bio/biochem, Gchem/Ochem, and psych/soc over the next month, but planning to skim physics since it is mostly underrepresented on the exam and I don't have the luxury of time. 

With that, what are the most important topics/equations for physics I should plan to know? I did well in physics in undergrad but haven't taken any courses for quite a few years or really reviewed it since my first MCAT sitting (2015). I also skipped studying much physics for that as well.

I would be careful going in with the idea that physics is largely underrepresented on the exam. I wrote last summer and mine was very physics & orgo heavy. You never know what you’re going to get on the MCAT. That being said, there are some topics that very likely won’t show up on your exam like quantum and such.

Really hard to tell since different exams will be vastly different. Of course you can do a gamble but it is very possible that the actual exam you take will focus on physics more than you expected. If you did well in physics in undergrad, reviewing the relevant topics on the AAMC syllabus shouldn't take more than a week or so (maybe 2 hours a day?) since its just reviewing concepts and does not involve much memorization.

11 minutes ago, helicase said:

Kaplan quicksheets (google them)- overview of everything 

https://www.kaptest.com/static/pdf/ktp-mcat-quicksheets.pdf

Thanks for that just found them, VERY helpful. Is it fair to say that they cover everything that needs to be understood and the rest is background information or are they more of a highlight reel of the important stuff?

11 minutes ago, ballsortahard said:

https://www.kaptest.com/static/pdf/ktp-mcat-quicksheets.pdf

Thanks for that just found them, VERY helpful. Is it fair to say that they cover everything that needs to be understood and the rest is background information or are they more of a highlight reel of the important stuff?

Imo it's like the core stuff you absolutely should know. Like for the OP who wanted to know just the essential physics info, going off this would be a good idea. Also it's great review in the days before your exam. 

Archived