Premed 101 Forums

UBC vs McGill Medical School

• 1 month later...

On a K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid basis), all Canadian medical schools are excellent, however, the best one is the one that accepts you! Should you be fortunate enough to be accepted by more than one school, I would consider my preference of where I would wish to practice as, things being equal, you would want to develop contacts for CaRMS in the area where you prefer to practice; I would also consider where my family and friends are located, as you will be happier in a supportive and nurturing environment. Generally speaking, I found advantages of attending a school with a small class size as you tend to have greater opportunities than where the class is larger, that was my experience anyhow.

They are both so different. Vancouver vs Montreal is night and day. I would definitely make my decision based upon where I want to live. Also don't forget that regional campuses can give a very different experience so that will make a big difference ultimately. Shouldn't stop you from applying to both though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived