Premed 101 Forums

I applied for western even though I didn't meet the cutoffs for the mcat

I had that fantasy that maybe they'd look at my application even though it doesnt meet the requirement... but I guess I just gave them $125 for free. Is it a waste a time if i continue writing my 8 mini essays for the abs? Since I live in north york, i wont qualify for the living in southwestern ontario. I got a 127 in cars, but they require a 129. I naively thought that because my gpa/ec's are decent.. maybe they'd overlook my shit cars. Now that I rationally think about it, they'll probably throw away my application before they read my extended abs right?

my total is 382 for bb/cp/cars but their total is 383

Apply anyway. No one knows how the essays will be evaluated in conjunction with the MCAT cut-offs. It is already highly speculated as to whether they will remain the same or change to accommodate the new essays. Western themselves mentioned they are adding these new essays to create a more holistic process in reviewing the application. The biggest mistake you could ever make is not submitting those essays only to find out you may meet their (potentially new) requirements. 

2 hours ago, Instagrammar said:

Apply anyway. No one knows how the essays will be evaluated in conjunction with the MCAT cut-offs. It is already highly speculated as to wether they will remain the same or change to accommodate the new essays. Western themselves mentioned they are adding these new essays to create a more holistic process in reviewing the application. The biggest mistake you could ever make is not submitting those essays only to find out you may meet their (potentially new) requirements. 

Thank you so much. I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving :) I'll work hard on my essays. Best of luck to you!

Archived