Premed 101 Forums

What I need to start admission into Pharmacy at UBC?

R.kapoor

Hey Everyone ,

Just a question, I am currently doing my Bachelor of Science in Chemistry at York University, Ontario and I am interested to come to UBC for pharmacy. What are some of the pre-reqs that I must have to be considered for the application? Does anyone know how I can find out the equivalent of UBC pre reqs to the courses at York University? 

https://pharmsci.ubc.ca/programs/entry-practice-pharmd-degree/admissions-and-finances/how-apply

Everything is listed here.

As for equivalencies, this is listed in the FAQ on the page:
How do I know if my courses meet the admission requirements?
Due to the complexity of transfer credit evaluations and the large number of post-secondary institutions, we are unable to provide a listing of acceptable courses. UBC recommends that applicants who have studied at other institutions refer to the course descriptions on our Admission Requirements page under the section, “Non-UBC Students.” Additionally, we recommend that you consult the academic calendar of your home institution to determine which courses are the most appropriate. To receive an evaluation of your academic qualifications, you would need to apply for admission. 

• 3 months later...
On 1/25/2019 at 10:21 AM, exceed said:

https://pharmsci.ubc.ca/programs/entry-practice-pharmd-degree/admissions-and-finances/how-apply

Everything is listed here.

As for equivalencies, this is listed in the FAQ on the page:
How do I know if my courses meet the admission requirements?
Due to the complexity of transfer credit evaluations and the large number of post-secondary institutions, we are unable to provide a listing of acceptable courses. UBC recommends that applicants who have studied at other institutions refer to the course descriptions on our Admission Requirements page under the section, “Non-UBC Students.” Additionally, we recommend that you consult the academic calendar of your home institution to determine which courses are the most appropriate. To receive an evaluation of your academic qualifications, you would need to apply for admission. 

Thanks for sharing your answer. You have shared the great link with crucial points to us.