Premed 101 Forums

Out of province

Hi all, 

I have applied to McGill twice and have been rejected twice post interview hence, need to widen my horizons and apply to other schools. I am wondering my chances of getting an interview and actually getting in post interview as an OOP for UofOttawa med. Does anyone have stats on this regarding how many spots there are for OOP?

I have done CEGEP health science so I believe I meet the pre requisite criteria (above 70%) 

Undergrad GPA: 3.94 

Grad (part time) GPA: 4.0 

Also how is the interview process, I have just been practicing for MMI so I don't know much on panel interviews. and if anyone has done both McGill and UofOttawa interviews, could you please share how did you feel about the two? 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Maggie19 said:

There is no OOP/IP distinction at uOttawa. It's seperated into language streams. English, French, CNFS (French outside Ontario and Quebec). You would be either English or French, if you speak both languages of course.

Ottawa has different cut-offs OOP vs IP.  Wouldn't matter in the OP's case.

I was reading over their criteria, I have studied full time undergrad in a professional field (5 courses per semester minimum) however, in the last semester we had only 4 courses in the curriculum. And in last year each semester we had one class that was pass/ fail. Does that mean I can’t apply since I don’t meet the 5 courses criteria? 

Thanks!