Premed 101 Forums

MDCM 2020 Application

DrNan

Hi guys, 

It is that time of the year again and applications have opened. I am kind of nervous and discouraged about applying this year since it will be my third try at McGill. I am redoing my prerequisites with part time masters and part time work. I really don't know if this all will be worth it if I get rejected again. I wanted to know how you guys are feeling out there, is anyone in the same boat as me? Its so DAMN hard to be motivated after rejections :( 

Thanks! 

Don't give up.
When I was re-doing my own pre-requesites while doing my second undegrad, I felt the same way.
You are wondering if all the efforts you are putting are even worth it.
It's extremely hard to stay motivated, even for medical students.
In my class, many, many, many students have been rejected 2, 3, 4 times. 
Just remember that your hard work will be rewarded.
If it's your dream, then it will happen at some point.

When I was applying, I had shared how I felt during the process.
See the post linked below.
Everything that you are feeling is normal.
Let me know if I can help.

Good luck! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2019 at 12:45 PM, yeeewww said:

I am trying to find information on letters of reference for McGill's MDCM program. From what I can tell, you only need reference letters if you are applying to the combined MDCM& PhD. Is this correct?

Lmk! Thank you. 

I got admitted in 2019 (MDCM promotion 2019-2023) (not the combined MD-PhD program). I didn't have to send any letters of reference. However, we had to submit a list of verifiers along with the CV. I don't know if it's different in your case since you're applying for the combined program. 

On 9/4/2019 at 2:33 PM, DrNan said:

Hi guys, 

It is that time of the year again and applications have opened. I am kind of nervous and discouraged about applying this year since it will be my third try at McGill. I am redoing my prerequisites with part time masters and part time work. I really don't know if this all will be worth it if I get rejected again. I wanted to know how you guys are feeling out there, is anyone in the same boat as me? Its so DAMN hard to be motivated after rejections :( 

Thanks! 

As my username suggests third time was the charm for me too and the average number of applications is 2.5 for most people so you are not alone. Try and keep the faith!

Hey, fourth time applying here, it's definitely been a journey to apply. It's helped me to remember that I am applying every year with another year of life experience, and new level of perspectives and maturity. So really, you can only go up from here :). It has been a privilege to be able to continue applying. It been humbling to sit back, and think about all the continued unconditional support, despite multiple post-interview rejections over the years. This thought alone has made the process infinitely easier.

• 1 month later...