Premed 101 Forums

COVID-19

Est ce que c'est la même pour UdeM/Sherb? 50% CRU, 50% CASPer? They don't mention anything on their site about having written the English version, but given they wrote "Sciences de la santé - Niveau 2, en français" I'm assuming they won't accept your score from the English version. This is puzzling to me especially for candidates who have already successfully passed the TFI exam...

43 minutes ago, giraffe3 said:

Est ce que c'est la même pour UdeM/Sherb? 50% CRU, 50% CASPer? They don't mention on the site anything about having written the English version but given they wrote "Sciences de la santé - Niveau 2, en français" so I'm assuming they won't accept your score from the English version. This is puzzling to me especially for candidates who have already successfully passed the TFI exam...

C'est le même principe que de forcer les gens à faire les MEMs en français. C'est une formation en français avec des patients qui seront francophones alors c'est bien naturel que le processus d'admission en entier soit en français.

1 hour ago, Snowmen said:

C'est le même principe que de forcer les gens à faire les MEMs en français. C'est une formation en français avec des patients qui seront francophones alors c'est bien naturel que le processus d'admission en entier soit en français.

Ok, however UdeM allows the English CASPer so I find it confusing that all the French schools aren't on the same page.

https://admission.umontreal.ca/examen-casper/

22 minutes ago, giraffe3 said:

Ok, however UdeM allows the English CASPer so I find it confusing that all the French schools aren't on the same page.

https://admission.umontreal.ca/examen-casper/

En même temps, c'est beaucoup plus bilingue à Montréal qu'à Québec. Il y a quand même plusieurs différences entre les 3 écoles en terme de critères d'admission (Je n'ai pas pu appliquer à l'UDEM pour cette raison). 

1 minute ago, AKtoQC said:

En même temps, c'est beaucoup plus bilingue à Montréal qu'à Québec. Il y a quand même plusieurs différences entre les 3 écoles en terme de critères d'admission (Je n'ai pas pu appliquer à l'UDEM pour cette raison). 

Yes but the CASPer is not supposed to be a language test. That's what the TFI is for. So if a candidate already passed the TFI (or even if they plan to write it and will pass it before starting in August) they should have the right to send their CASPer score even if it was written in English, in my opinion.