Premed 101 Forums

How to fund medical school life?

Also, you take the higher limit right from the start because you certainly don't want to have to go through the whole application process every single year. This way a simple letter of good standing/ proof of enrolment gets you your next advance each yr without even having to see your banker.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received an Admission Bursary in the amount of $3500. What other bursaries can apply for? Is the schulich bursary that is due july 5 for really financially strapped people, because it sounds like you get 20k or 0$?

On the financial section of my OSAP application it says,

"Estimate your 2013 total gross income from all sources that you expect to receive for the following time periods: Jan 1/13 to Dec 31/13 annual income"

When clicking on OSAP's definition of income it says,

"Income To Be Reported:You must provide all taxable and non-taxable income world-wide; For example, you must include any other income (e.g., awards, scholarships, fellowships, bursaries, grants, interest, investments, and/or trust fund income)."

Does an LOC not fall under this category of "other income"?

On the financial section of my OSAP application it says,

"Estimate your 2013 total gross income from all sources that you expect to receive for the following time periods: Jan 1/13 to Dec 31/13 annual income"

When clicking on OSAP's definition of income it says,

"Income To Be Reported:You must provide all taxable and non-taxable income world-wide; For example, you must include any other income (e.g., awards, scholarships, fellowships, bursaries, grants, interest, investments, and/or trust fund income)."

Does an LOC not fall under this category of "other income"?

Definitely not! Loans and lines of credit are just that, CREDIT, not income by any definition.

EDIT: If it were considered income by OSAP, not a single student who gets a prof LOC would get any OSAP because we have plenty of LOC space to pay for med school! :-)

I received an Admission Bursary in the amount of $3500. What other bursaries can apply for? Is the schulich bursary that is due july 5 for really financially strapped people, because it sounds like you get 20k or 0$?

Beautiful, that can cover the costs of the interest on the line of credit for this year and more.

Archived