Premed 101 Forums

Is today the day?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey try waiting for the Ontario schools to make up their minds. I don't have high hopes for myself at Dal, mainly due to my connection to the maritime s, well the lack there of.

It all depends how well you sold it, but that's definitely one of the hardest elements of the app ;).

Unless they changed it, the activity portion of the app (including the essay) is worth 35 points out of 100 post-interview. GPA and MCAT are almost non-factors at the end of the day for admission (worth 25 points combined and a 4.00/35MCAT gives you the full 25 points). Mind you, this could have changed since I last applied.

Not my first round of apps, but I always felt that Dal was a worse waiting game since we know to expect invites between Oct 21-25th...I guess we should always assume the 25th and not think about it, but easier said than done :P .

I spun it that my wife is from there and so is her entire family, and we plan to end up there (we actually do). See how far that gets me. I don't have any clinical experience under medical experience, so I don't know about my chances. All my medical experience has been working with animals (anaesthetizations and surgeries) and some work with people, but I wouldn't call it clinical.

Going back over my application I noticed that under "competition involved" for awards I just wrote what you had to do for the competition :/ I don't think they really explained it anywhere! Drag.

Also another OOP! I have no connection to the Maritimes; all I could do was do my best to show why Dal would be a great fit for me in my essay.

I think that's great! If you can make them feel as though you've found something at Dal that you couldn't find anywhere else then I think that would carry weight.

Archived