Premed 101 Forums

2015 Waitlisters

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got an offer to SMP on June 5, 2pm PST (OOP category)! Very grateful to have been accepted to UBC, but SMP was my third choice (VFMP first choice). I'm already accepted to another school that I don't want to risk accepting SMP and not getting off the waitlist for VFMP (and I probably won't stay on the VFMP waitlist when rejecting SMP). So I'll likely be rejecting my offer in the next day or two (once I've sat down and fully figured it out). I have until June 9th to decide.

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist - hopefully one of you will get my seat!

I got an offer to SMP on June 5, 2pm PST (OOP category)! Very grateful to have been accepted to UBC, but SMP was my third choice (VFMP first choice). I'm already accepted to another school that I don't want to risk accepting SMP and not getting off the waitlist for VFMP (and I probably won't stay on the VFMP waitlist when rejecting SMP). So I'll likely be rejecting my offer in the next day or two (once I've sat down and fully figured it out). I have until June 9th to decide.

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist - hopefully one of you will get my seat!

Congrats & best of luck! 

Has anyone contacted the admissions department to see what is happening regarding "rounds" and telling us when they have gone out? 

Guys I just got off the waitlist (SMP). It is the best feeling ever :) Thnak you all for all of your help :)

Congrats MD20!  

When is your deadline for accepting the offer ? (ie. so the rest of us can figure out when the next round of offers will come out). 

I can't believe I am finally posting this. Yesterday was the happiest day ever! I got accepted off the waitlist! Such a long journey. Worth it. I wish all the best for remaining wailisters and people applying next year. Keep at it! You can achieve your dreams if you work hard!!! :)

Just a quick question:

If we accept an offer to another site, we automatically remain on the waitlist for our preferred site right? Or is there something that needs to be submitted/checked off to indicate that you want to remain on the waitlist for preferred site?  I'm just worried I am missing something that I have to submit or check off on my application indicating I want to remain on the waitlist. Thanks!

I can't believe I am finally posting this. Yesterday was the happiest day ever! I got accepted off the waitlist! Such a long journey. Worth it. I wish all the best for remaining wailisters and people applying next year. Keep at it! You can achieve your dreams if you work hard!!! :)

Just a quick question:

If we accept an offer to another site, we automatically remain on the waitlist for our preferred site right? Or is there something that needs to be submitted/checked off to indicate that you want to remain on the waitlist for preferred site?  I'm just worried I am missing something that I have to submit or check off on my application indicating I want to remain on the waitlist. Thanks!

Congrats! 

If you accept your offer I believe that you remain on the waitlist for your preferred site. You shouldn't have to do anything :)

Were you an IP (sorry if you mentioned this before). 

Just a quick question:

Just to firm up on what Sali said, you do still stay on the waitlist for your preferred site even if you accept the site UBC is currently offering you.  There is no other step involved. Congrats on the offer btw!  :lol:

Just to firm up on what Sali said, you do still stay on the waitlist for your preferred site even if you accept the site UBC is currently offering you.  There is no other step involved. Congrats on the offer btw!  :lol:

Thanks so much :)

Btw, anyone who accepted their offer, is there something we are supposed to get as confirmation? I didn't get a confirmation email or anything. The only things is on my OAS it says "Offer Accepted" but on the payment page it doesn't indicate a Transaction number yet. That's empty. Did that change for anyone? I just accepted this morning tho. ANyone share what they experienced when they accepted?

Thanks so much! Can't wait to join the class in August :)

Thanks so much :)

Btw, anyone who accepted their offer, is there something we are supposed to get as confirmation? I didn't get a confirmation email or anything. The only things is on my OAS it says "Offer Accepted" but on the payment page it doesn't indicate a Transaction number yet. That's empty. Did that change for anyone? I just accepted this morning tho. ANyone share what they experienced when they accepted?

Thanks so much! Can't wait to join the class in August :)

It's the same for me and I paid ~3 weeks ago

So we just accept the offer and pay the deposit by the deadline. That's all we need for now right?

I imagine you are ok (although I haven't gone through the process myself). 

If you still have questions I would recommend just calling the Admissions Department… "Tel: (604) 875-8298. Phone calls are answered between 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time, Monday – Friday (except statutory holidays)."

:)

Archived