Premed 101 Forums

Polyphasic Sleeping

moneyking

My 0.02 from being on and off polyphasic sleep in undergrad:

It's super rough the first week or two while you get adjusted, and after that I don't think I was any worse off than sleeping a normal 8 hours. Felt about as rested, didn't go crazy, and could recover from exercise fine.

There were periods where I wasn't able to do it due to awkward class scheduling, but I definitely set it up every term I could.

The only gotcha is that if you miss any sleep/naps you get messed up pretty bad.

I don't know if it will necessarily work for everyone, I have a strong feeling potential side effects vary from person to person.

My 0.02 from being on and off polyphasic sleep in undergrad:

It's super rough the first week or two while you get adjusted, and after that I don't think I was any worse off than sleeping a normal 8 hours. Felt about as rested, didn't go crazy, and could recover from exercise fine.

There were periods where I wasn't able to do it due to awkward class scheduling, but I definitely set it up every term I could.

The only gotcha is that if you miss any sleep/naps you get messed up pretty bad.

I don't know if it will necessarily work for everyone, I have a strong feeling potential side effects vary from person to person.

Thank you for sharing. 

How did it affect you cognitively? Any problems with recalling? consolidation? problem solving?

Archived