Premed 101 Forums

Post-Interview Waiting Game

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't want to write another MCAT... Which is what I'll do if I don't get in this year :(.

Same for me

Did you guys write the new MCAT? If so, how was the psychology and sociology section?

I am wondering since I wrote the old MCAT, and my score isn't bad, but I can definitely improve on my Biological and Chem/Physics score.

I have no background in sociology (I have taken a psychology class however) and was wondering if it would be good enough to be able to learn it on my own. If not, no need to bother trying to improve my other score if this section will just bring it down.

Did you guys write the new MCAT? If so, how was the psychology and sociology section?

I am wondering since I wrote the old MCAT, and my score isn't bad, but I can definitely improve on my Biological and Chem/Physics score.

I have no background in sociology (I have taken a psychology class however) and was wondering if it would be good enough to be able to learn it on my own. If not, no need to bother trying to improve my other score if this section will just bring it down.

I did and in my opinion, there is just a lot of terms you need to know the definition of, which I guess can apply for any section, but it's specifically important for this section since some of the option sound as though both may be correct. You can learn it on your own, but there is still a lot of terms, which can prove difficult if you don't have enough time. Besides that, the section is pretty easy, once you know the terms, you can breeze through it.

So here is how I see it...pls jump in if you see it differently....All offers on Wednesday will be for those who did not have to turn in transcripts. The only offers remaining on 1 June will be for those people who had to turn in transcripts and for people way up on the wait list who get a spot because an 18 May invite was turned down. Does anyone have an idea of how much the wait list moves?

So here is how I see it...pls jump in if you see it differently....All offers on Wednesday will be for those who did not have to turn in transcripts. The only offers remaining on 1 June will be for those people who had to turn in transcripts and for people way up on the wait list who get a spot because an 18 May invite was turned down. Does anyone have an idea of how much the wait list moves?

I don't think that is quite right. I know people who got in early while finishing their degree. What I think happens is that they accept applicants with top scores on May 18. Then they calculate adjusted/cumulative GPA for people needed to send in transcripts to rearrange the next incoming list of students. If an applicant with an unchanging GPA is more competitive, I believe they get accepted. Someone please chime in.

That sounds right. The initial offers varies from year to year so no idea how many are truly released on May 18. Everyone else waits till June 1, and as people continue to decline, they'll give spots to people on the waitlist and it goes till classes start basically.

But why wouldn't they let people who "failed" the interview (i.e. failed more than 2 stations) know on the 18th? It's not like their results can change depending on whether other applicants decline their offers. I know I did terrible on this interview, and would rather find out and get the decision over with (if I didn't even have a shot at the waitlist).

I think InstantRamen is correct, just because you had to hand in a transcript last week does not mean you can't get an early offer. I know several people that have gotten in on the first day while finishing up the last year of undergrad.

I don't know why they drag people that for sure won't be getting in because they failed the interview. In my opinion they should just send all notices the first day and generate a larger waitlist. 

I keep telling myself only 2 more days, but it could be another 2 weeks. In my mind if I don't hear anything Wednesday I don't think its gonna be good news for me, but thats just what has happened to me the last two times I interviewed. June 1st has never brought good news to me and been a bad day for several years  :(. Still hoping for the best though!

I think InstantRamen is correct, just because you had to hand in a transcript last week does not mean you can't get an early offer. I know several people that have gotten in on the first day while finishing up the last year of undergrad.

I don't know why they drag people that for sure won't be getting in because they failed the interview. In my opinion they should just send all notices the first day and generate a larger waitlist. 

I keep telling myself only 2 more days, but it could be another 2 weeks. In my mind if I don't hear anything Wednesday I don't think its gonna be good news for me, but thats just what has happened to me the last two times I interviewed. June 1st has never brought good news to me and been a bad day for several years  :(. Still hoping for the best though!

may all of us celebrate and be happy like little kids on International Children's Day :D

I agree with pinkcountry,

I thought i did good on the interview, so if I don't get accepted wednesday, I am going to assume that my gut instinct is way off and that I won't get in. I just wish I could have closure on wednesday no matter what :(

I also am assuming the same thing! My MCAT score was slightly below average so I'm scared for tomorrow.

Archived