Premed 101 Forums

Admission Decisions 2017

snazij

Seriously, he should think about what other people are going through before he speaks

Everyone has different circumstances, I'm in a situation which waitlist offer complicates things that much more. I thought that one of the good qualities we should have is to not assume anything of others before understanding their situation. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry about age...I can almost guarantee I will be the oldest student in the class (looking at last year's statistics) and this was my second time applying. I did the NTP route before and almost got in, but then went back and re-did all the pre-reqs (mine were too old) so I could apply in the regular stream. It's never too late. If you don't give up, you'll get there. I almost gave up...and today I got the acceptance.

Thanks, although i really don't know what I will do. I am trying to start a family and I really don't know if my girlfriend can take such uncertainty. I really have to contain myself to NOT call admission and trying to determine where on the waitlist I actually am. I mean figuring that I'm 30th would probably ease the torture. Anyway thanks for your kind words. 

Anyone having trouble paying the deposit? 

I get the message: "We are unable to process your confirmation request. Please contact your admissions office for further assistance."
But i'm guessing the office won't be open till Tuesday...

That's strange. I did mine right away this morning when I got my acceptance, just incase it was fake so they couldn't take it back. The payment went through without issues. Are you paying with a credit card?

That's strange. I did mine right away this morning when I got my acceptance, just incase it was fake so they couldn't take it back. The payment went through without issues. Are you paying with a credit card?

Dude, I tried to pay mine straight away for the same reasons too! If I give McGill my money, then that have to take me. O:)

I had trouble with my payment in the first place, but that's cause I don't use my credit card for much, so I've never boosted my credit cap over $600 and I've put more than a hundred bucks on there this month. Maybe that's the reason for the problem in your (@Crouton) case as well?

Dude, I tried to pay mine straight away for the same reasons too! If I give McGill my money, then that have to take me. O:)

I had trouble with my payment in the first place, but that's cause I don't use my credit card for much, so I've never boosted my credit cap over $600 and I've put more than a hundred bucks on there this month. Maybe that's the reason for the problem in your (@Crouton) case as well?

I don't even reach the actual payment page... This pops up when I click on the "accept the offer" link.....

Anyone having trouble paying the deposit? 

I get the message: "We are unable to process your confirmation request. Please contact your admissions office for further assistance."
But i'm guessing the office won't be open till Tuesday...

Hey I have the same issue....you are not the only one! In the excitement of today, forgot to call and enquire :P Will call the admissions office on tuesday & post about what happens.

I second that.

Great, thanks. Also, do you know anything about the Gatineau campus, as it mentions in the offer letter that we may be assigned there for year 3. If our french skills are not too strong, could we request not to be located there?

Archived