Premed 101 Forums
Storii

Advice For Finding A Place To Live In Calgary

What's the word on those Boardwalk apartments in University Heights? Any good?

Lived in patrician village for 3 years. Apartment was okay once I fixed it up a bit but management is just sooooo far beyond incompetent, terrible and dishonest. Avoid boardwalk if you can! If you can't, it will be okay, you just have to be prepared to advocate very strongly for yourself.

There were a couple this year...Id ask these questions on the Facebook group instead of here, because 1) most people don't check here and 2) people will be more comfortable giving you specific names of people to reach out to for these kinds of questions

A few but it's quite rare to be honest. The graduate housing (which is where you'd be) is on the opposite side of main campus making it quite the walk. You can find options for the same price that are much nicer within the same walking distance. 

If anyone from OOP is looking for a place for rent close to the med school (of walking distance), a few friends of mine are looking for tenants/roomates for their place in Parkdale! Free feel to DM me :)

I've never lived away from my parents home so I don't really know, but what's a reasonable range for the monthly rent for a student in Calgary (for a 1 bed/1 bath type of thing)?