Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

On 6/16/2017 at 4:43 AM, JarBlues said:

Can you confirm that Scotia offered you prime - 0.25 that stays the same during repayment? I know that the prime 0.25 stays the same during grace period, but after the grace period is over my advisor told me that it gets changed to prime.

Yes, in my agreement, it specifically says that the prime - 0.25 will stay the same during repayment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2017 at 2:13 PM, ArchEnemy said:

Which Advisor did you speak to, to get the Momentum Infinite Visa fees waived?

Unfortunately, my advisor told me that she would be unable to give the deal to any other clients. If you're still trying to negotiate for it, pm me and I'll let you know what I did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, quick question: does it matter where your advisor is located? What I mean is that I'm currently living outside of my home province (Ontario) and I'll likely be going to medical school in Nova Scotia. Is it alright if I speak to a qualified advisor in my current province (neither NS or ON) and sign a LOC here, or should I try and make a trip back to my home town and find someone in that area?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Doctorofmydreams said:

Hi all, quick question: does it matter where your advisor is located? What I mean is that I'm currently living outside of my home province (Ontario) and I'll likely be going to medical school in Nova Scotia. Is it alright if I speak to a qualified advisor in my current province (neither NS or ON) and sign a LOC here, or should I try and make a trip back to my home town and find someone in that area?

Do you expect to return back to Ontario before you head off to NS? I would recommend signing in your home province just so you can actually sit down and chat with the person in the future - it eases some downstream problems when you want to see someone face to face. I don't think you need to specifically make a trip back to Ontario just for the LOC, but if you're planning to go back to Ontario some time in the Spring/early Summer to visit family, you could sign your LOC then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, la marzocco said:

Do you expect to return back to Ontario before you head off to NS? I would recommend signing in your home province just so you can actually sit down and chat with the person in the future - it eases some downstream problems when you want to see someone face to face. I don't think you need to specifically make a trip back to Ontario just for the LOC, but if you're planning to go back to Ontario some time in the Spring/early Summer to visit family, you could sign your LOC then.

Yeah, I'll be back in April so maybe I can make a weekend appointment then...any tips for advisors located between Hamilton ON - Toronto ON?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Doctorofmydreams said:

Yeah, I'll be back in April so maybe I can make a weekend appointment then...any tips for advisors located between Hamilton ON - Toronto ON?

You want to make sure you speak to someone with a lot of experience/expertise with these plans. This list is a good starting point. I used to work in Halifax with the Dal students, Chris Lewis is a good guy if you want to deal with someone locally there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm located in Hamilton Ontario.  If you are in Hamilton area and require assistance - I would be pleased to assist.

 

contact info below.

 

 

Matthew Eade

Professional Banking and Small Business Advisor

_________________________________________

Scotiabank |University Plaza

101 Osler Drive, Dundas, Ontario, Canada, L9H 4H4

 

T 1.905.627.9211 EXT 4300 F 1.905.627.2977

matt.eade@scotiabank.com

Scotiabank.com

Scotiabank is a business name used by The Bank of Nova Scotia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×