Premed 101 Forums

How does having a withdrawal on your transcript affect your chances?

ekmek

Happy New Year everyone!

After much deliberation I decided to transfer from doing an arts degree to doing a science degree, however, since I didn't take a precalc course high school I needed to take the one offered at my institution before I could do proper calc courses.   As a result, I ended up dropping an introductory course in Greek myths halfway through the semester in order to fit the precalc course and have a Withdrawl noted on my transcript. Now I withdrew from the course not because I was failing or doing poorly, simply because It wasn't intellectually stimulating and I felt that the math course would be a better use of my time, so I feel that if it were to come up in the application process I could explain it pretty well, but the premed neuroticism is getting to me... How does having a withdrawal on your transcript affect your chances?

35 minutes ago, ekmek said:

Happy New Year everyone!

After much deliberation I decided to transfer from doing an arts degree to doing a science degree, however, since I didn't take a precalc course high school I needed to take the one offered at my institution before I could do proper calc courses.   As a result, I ended up dropping an introductory course in Greek myths halfway through the semester in order to fit the precalc course and have a Withdrawl noted on my transcript. Now I withdrew from the course not because I was failing or doing poorly, simply because It wasn't intellectually stimulating and I felt that the math course would be a better use of my time, so I feel that if it were to come up in the application process I could explain it pretty well, but the premed neuroticism is getting to me... How does having a withdrawal on your transcript affect your chances?

1 WD won't hurt your chances. 

Archived