Premed 101 Forums

University of Saskatchewan Interview Invites 2018

1 hour ago, Driillzz said:

Why are u interested in attending the interview, didnt u get accepted to U of T?

For some personal issues, including my family. At first I thought I would 100% go to U of T. But maybe I'd like to stay at home too and stay close to my family. I'm just going to be making up my mind in the next few weeks. There is no greedy or evil intent of me attending this interview, if that's what you were suggesting.

15 minutes ago, DentalDayum said:

For some personal issues, including my family. At first I thought I would 100% go to U of T. But maybe I'd like to stay at home too and stay close to my family. I'm just going to be making up my mind in the next few weeks. There is no greedy or evil intent of me attending this interview, if that's what you were suggesting.

hahaha of course not, i wasnt thinking anything of that sort! just genuinely curious :) If i was in ur position, i would also attend the interview just to keep my options open, but thats me and was interesting in hearing ur reason, thats it. Congratz on ur acceptance though! 

On 2018-02-24 at 6:01 PM, neil2192 said:

Invited

OOP

GPA: 4.00

AA: 24

PAT:25

RC:23

Not sure if attending the interview is worth it, seems like only 6 seats are available for ~50 OOP.

I interviewed last year with stats much lower than yours. I can tell you, once you have an interview, it’s all about killing it. I got accepted since I prepared well for the interview and focused on doing my best to stand out. For reference, the first round of offers for OOP had people with less than average DAT scores and GPA but we all had felt our interview went well. It’s a great school and I would have attended if it was closer to home. Practice hard and do your best! Good luck

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bananabread1212 said:

Is Saskatoon time the same as CST (central time)

Upon researching, CST is 4:50pm now, but Saskatoon is 3:50pm. 

Which time should I adhere to for interview check-in? 

thanks

i would go with their time. it says check in time is 8:45a.m. so I'm probably going to show up at around 8:15-8:30 saskatoon time, which would be 10:15-10:30 EST. 

• 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Basc72 said:

Does anyone know if Sask will tell you your rank on the list? And does anyone know how much it moves?

As far as I know, UofS will not tell you your rank on the waitlist but last year I believe most if not all of the OOP waitlist cleared. Meaning there is movement right up until the day before classes start in August. 

1 hour ago, Basc72 said:

Waitlisted OOP

Stats above

Does anyone know if Sask will tell you your rank on the list? And does anyone know how much it moves?

Unless things have changed you can email and they will give you a rough idea of where you are on the list (top, middle, bottom). OOP usually moves quite a bit. 

1 hour ago, Basc72 said:

Waitlisted OOP

Stats above

You can definitely email them and ask!

Here are my stats:
IP
Waitlisted (top 1/3)
DAT: AA 19, PAT 20, RC 23
GPA: 3.8

Archived