Premed 101 Forums

Great! Are you guys able to meet sometime next week in Halifax? If you’re out of province we could Skype as well. 

AM22476, that would be amazing. Are you in the city/able to meet for a coffee? (my treat) If not I’d be happy to email you some questions.

Thanks everyone!

1 hour ago, cityoflakes said:

Great! Are you guys able to meet sometime next week in Halifax? If you’re out of province we could Skype as well. 

AM22476, that would be amazing. Are you in the city/able to meet for a coffee? (my treat) If not I’d be happy to email you some questions.

Thanks everyone!

I’m an NB resident, so we won’t be able to meet consistently, however we can certainly chat by other means or Skype throughout the application process!

1 hour ago, cityoflakes said:

Thanks everyone!

I am in the city, but I was accepted as a NB resident so I'm moving to Saint John in August. Until then though I would be happy to meet up and answer any questions you may have. 

I'll try and PM you my email. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:59 PM, Yeeewww said:

I applied this most recent cycle (OOP wait list). I'd be happy to chat / meet up talk about the application process. 

Hey! Do you mind if I ask you a few quick questions (as a fellow OOP)? I'm mostly wondering about the CASPer. Do you know what's the general timeline for submission of the CASPer and the other documents? (same time of submission, or delayed) I had checked their site but I wasn't too clear on the timing because CASPer registration for Canada hasn't opened yet... Also, can the same CASPer taken for Dal also be submitted for another Uni, example in my case would be McGill? Or do we do a separate CASPer for each (date difference)? 

7 hours ago, bigboydyo said:

Hey! Do you mind if I ask you a few quick questions (as a fellow OOP)? I'm mostly wondering about the CASPer. Do you know what's the general timeline for submission of the CASPer and the other documents? (same time of submission, or delayed) I had checked their site but I wasn't too clear on the timing because CASPer registration for Canada hasn't opened yet... Also, can the same CASPer taken for Dal also be submitted for another Uni, example in my case would be McGill? Or do we do a separate CASPer for each (date difference)? 

Same time of submission for everyone. Dalhousie has earlier Casper dates so make sure you write one in August to be eligible. That test is used for other schools with later deadlines as you can only write casper once per cycle. You'll be able to add those other schools to your distribution list after writing, once you have submitted those applications

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

I am an out of province student. So far, I've completed the Section 1 online application and I am awaiting access to Section 2. 

Does anyone know how to verify whether Dalhousie received your transcript or not? My university processed my transcript order for courier on July 26th, 2018. I can't seem to find any indication on the Dalhousie website portal regarding the processing of my transcript. 

Archived