Premed 101 Forums

Resume/CV with Anticipated Dental School

Hello! 

I'm currently in the process of applying to undergraduate summer jobs at my university. However, many of the jobs require that you are returning to school in the fall. I am currently waitlisted (top 1/3) for dentistry in the fall and am wondering what is everyone's opinion on whether or not I should place (in my resume) that I will be attending dental school in the fall or not. My main concern is that I have graduated from my first undergraduate degree this summer and do not have any other academic credentials to place on my resume/CV, but also need to somehow convey that I do continue on going to school in the fall. 

Thanks in advance :)

*Edit: clarification, (in my resume)

5 hours ago, malkynn said:

Why do you need to convey that you are going back to school in the fall on your resume?

Because one of the job requirements is that you must be returning to school in the fall, which I hope I will be if I get off the wait list for this cycle's dentistry. 

2 hours ago, Bambi said:

Why. not in the cover letter or email attaching your CV indicate that you are returning to school in the fall to attend dental school. This way, you shall be giving thecrequired information, but it is not part of your formal CV.

I think I will end up doing that, thank you! Also I just realized that this was probably not the appropriate forum to ask this question :unsure:

1 hour ago, malkynn said:

Sorry, I meant, why does it need to be on your CV specifically. I got a lot of grants during school that required me to be continuing the next year and I never specifically indicated in my CV that I would be continuing, I just had to check a box that said that I would be returning to school in fall. 

Like Bambi said, I would include your intention to continue on in dental school in your cover letter. 

Ah I see. There doesn't seem to be a checkbox-type of thing for me to utilize... But yes I will be using Bambi's suggestion to include my intention about dental school in the cover letter. Thanks! 

Archived