Premed 101 Forums

Feeling deflated and hopeless.

Going to cut to the chase. I am 21 and essentially have only a few university courses done (5?) with all horrible grades, C's or D's.

I struggled with some health issues up until this point. I was a 95+ student in HS and have always wanted to be a physician. I am hoping to bounce back, start from square 1 and rock my undergrad this September. Even if I do that, have I got a chance despite my messy transcript of dropped courses and bad grades?

Honest advice please. Thanks.

I was a 95+ student too in HS, got C's in my first year of Uni, fast forward to a few years later and I am now in medical school. There's still a way with schools who drop grades, and worst comes to worst there's still a way by doing a second undergrad. Also, if your health issues are documented and can be tied to your low performance, some schools will consider that as well.

On 5/13/2018 at 10:56 PM, MDPLZ said:

Thanks very much.

For the schools who adjust your GPA, are the 'bad grades' really not a factor taken into consideration at all? Like, Queens for example?

That's correct, except for Quebec. Do you homework: look at all the schools, target those that would give you a good GPA if you get good grades from now on, and then make sure you meet their prereqs.

It's far from being too late.

Archived