Premed 101 Forums

50% off Lasik Eye Surgery?!?!

Hi there,

Has anyone else heard that uOttawa med students are eligible for 50% off Lasik Eye Surgery?

If so, can you please direct me to who I should talk to and/or how to go about taking advantage of this offer?

Thanks in advance!

I believe the CFMS offers the LASIK discount, but it requires an authorization code, which I presume we will receive later in the year. Hopefully someone could shed some insight since I always appreciate any kind of discount! :P 

12 minutes ago, Maggie19 said:

I used to work at Lasik! lol It doesn't matter where you study medecine, you just need proof of enrollment :)

Would you say proof of enrollment + hospital badge/student ID would be sufficient? Also would you happen to know if the offer was valid to any of the Canadian LASIK sites found on Lasikmd.com? Finally, (sorry about all these questions!), any idea what the actual discount is? Just want to see if it’s worth it (it isn’t just like 5% off hopefully :P) cheers!

Student ID was sufficient where I worked. Most likely valid at every Lasik MD site, but maybe call the location first to make sure :) and I don't remember the exact discount but I think (don't quote me on this lol) it's around 50%. Better to be safe and call to make sure :)

I got the surgery 2 years ago if you guys have any questions about the procedure.

8 minutes ago, Maggie19 said:

Student ID was sufficient where I worked. Most likely valid at every Lasik MD site, but maybe call the location first to make sure :) and I don't remember the exact discount but I think (don't quote me on this lol) it's around 50%. Better to be safe and call to make sure :)

I got the surgery 2 years ago if you guys have any questions about the procedure.

“But Maggie19 on Premed101 told me...!”. Just kidding, I will give them a call Tuesday. Just wanted to see if the discount was worthwhile, so it’s safe to assume at least 30%. 

My only question was if you remembered the approx final cost of your procedure. I understand it varies between each candidate, just just looking into the ballpark and see if I need another LOC :P

On 5/20/2018 at 3:04 PM, Maggie19 said:

Just wanted to drop an update that I called the Vaughan office and they said that all they required was a student ID but to also bring some kind of proof of enrolment (such as the reception Chantal sends you once they receive your deposit). 

In addition, they do not require the CFMS membership card. So long you have your University ID + proof of enrolment. Hope this helps people who lurk this thread! 

Also thanks to Maggie19 for the heads up about requirements. Make sure to call your local clinic for specific requirements!  

Archived