Premed 101 Forums

Sending Final Transcript

Can our final transcript be sent using the OSMAS transcript request service? Or, would we need to get our university's registrar's office to send it directly to the uOttawa Faculty of Medicine address Chantal gave us? The transcript is from a university in Ontario btw!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2018 at 7:27 PM, HappyAndHopeful said:

Last year, I picked mine up from my University registrar’s office and then mailed it to the admissions office. I feel like I remember reading not to use the OMSAS tool, but I’d check your admissions package to make sure. :)

Hmm, I would do that but in the admissions package it wrote: "you must have a final year official transcript issued by your university registrar sent to us before June 30, 2018. The final transcript must be sent directly to the Faculty of Medicine at the following address..."

I interpreted that as meaning it must be sent directly from my university's Registrar to UOttawa, without me intervening in the process. 

2 hours ago, nnst said:

Hmm, I would do that but in the admissions package it wrote: "you must have a final year official transcript issued by your university registrar sent to us before June 30, 2018. The final transcript must be sent directly to the Faculty of Medicine at the following address..."

I interpreted that as meaning it must be sent directly from my university's Registrar to UOttawa, without me intervening in the process. 

I dropped mine off in person and they were totally ok with it. Just don’t open the envelope :)

4 hours ago, nnst said:

I think having your University send it directly would be just fine, too. :) My University put mine in a sealed and stamped envelope, and I wanted to mail it with tracking. It wasn’t a problem last year, but I think sending it either way works!

15 hours ago, nnst said:

Did you guys get an email from Chantal or Diane confirming that they've received your transcript? I sent my transcript through my University a week ago, and haven't heard from uOttawa yet. :/

same :/ sent it 2 weeks ago and no confirmation yet 

12 minutes ago, wasteman1001 said:

O.. I sent my final transcript just via OMSAS TRF assuming that this would be sufficient. Should I arrange a copy to be sent directly from my uni's registrar too?

Admin has replied to someone that either option is fine, no need for both. Although the inquiry was exactly your question, their reply was that you can send to either OMSAS or to their office (they didn't specify the sender)

On 6/25/2018 at 11:22 AM, Eudaimonia said:

Admin has replied to someone that either option is fine, no need for both. Although the inquiry was exactly your question, their reply was that you can send to either OMSAS or to their office (they didn't specify the sender)

Ahhh perfect, thank u!

Archived