Premed 101 Forums

Medbio 3501F/3503G averages?

Has anyone taken these two courses and know what average of the course is?

Also, what marks can I expect? Is it doable to get 90% in both courses?

Any tips to make sure I don't lose any unnecessary marks or not find myself away from getting 90's in the course?

I need to know what I am getting myself into, and any info would help a lot!

Thank you!

Great tips from everyone and thank you for the response I was looking for.

Anyone have tips to study for this course properly?

(ie. did you record lectures? Should I get find someone's notes and would help with assignments etc.? Any way to study for the midterm and final?_

Thanks a lot

and Matti, you know it! :P

Great tips from everyone and thank you for the response I was looking for.

Anyone have tips to study for this course properly?

(ie. did you record lectures? Should I get find someone's notes and would help with assignments etc.? Any way to study for the midterm and final?_

Thanks a lot

and Matti, you know it! :P

Record lectures for 3501. This is essential, because the entire course is conceptual. The professor (Jackson) gives you all the questions for the final exam ahead of time- so it's not that bad.

3503 just read the slides.

Assignments for both courses are straightforward and are mark-boosters.

Pretty easy courses in my opinion, and super enjoyable/interesting :)

Record lectures for 3501. This is essential, because the entire course is conceptual. The professor (Jackson) gives you all the questions for the final exam ahead of time- so it's not that bad.

Thank you so much; respect!

I'm excited to start the course now haha. I need it to be one of my better marks this semester.

I'm pretty sure that we were in the same class now

and yes he did read out the questions for the final lol....although he ripped through them the year i took it.

I'm pretty sure that we were in the same class now

and yes he did read out the questions for the final lol....although he ripped through them the year i took it.

My friend told me about that last year, and recommended to make sure I record what he said for sure as he tends to do it fast on purpose obv.

Was it all the questions? So he pretty much tells you what's on the exam? lol

My friend told me about that last year, and recommended to make sure I record what he said for sure as he tends to do it fast on purpose obv.

Was it all the questions? So he pretty much tells you what's on the exam? lol

yep he did.

Nevertheless, the answers he was looking for was very conceptual and sometimes we weren't sure what he was looking for

• 2 months later...

Are you allowed to record 3501? It says in the syllabus that recording lectures is an academic offense?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I got 91% in 3501 and 96% in 3503.

3501 was taught by Dr. Fraser (I think it was Dr. Jackson again this year). The exam questions were either memorization or concept-based with some application (e.g., if you learn a formula for parallel circuits, you have to learn to use it in a biological system with algebraic variables). I found this course harder because of the assignments where you have to read long ass articles and answer questions based on them, and the assignments were only worth 5% each (5 of them). Tutorials were mandatory too, not sure if they still are (they used to not be). Know a couple people that only got 3.9 in this course so you gotta work hard for that 4.0. TA's were shitty and the prof was shitty when I took the course but I just recorded the lectures. Half the slides are ripped from cvphysiology.com so you can just reverse image the lecture slides and that site gives an explanation for every slide (the alternative to recording lectures)

3503 was taught by a lot of different profs. The exam questions were also memorization/concept based and I found this course easier. Mainly 'cause the assignments are worth 10% each and they're really easy (so you get a free 40%ish going into the midterm and final). Tutorials are not mandatory so I just went to them to hand in assignments.

Archived