Premed 101 Forums

Which medical schools look at second degree?

Hi,

I have a BSc Specialization degree from UofA. I graduated in 2013. My GPA is pretty low.

I started a BCom from MacEwan University with a GPA of 3.88 so far (5 courses taken- 15 remaining to graduate).

I'm wondering if it is worth trying to pursue the second degree to enter med school in Canada.

Which medical schools look at second degree?

University of Calgary says if it has been 10 years or more since the first degree, I can choose to exclude that from my GPA calculations.

Any other medical schools in Canada with similar rules?

Thanks!

There are not that many schools in Canada, you should really be doing your own review of each's admission requirements for such a major life thing like applying to medical school. If I as some random person on the internet gave you a list, would you just take it at face value and not actually look to see if I was right or had missed any which may have major implications for your future? Regardless, schools change their admissions requirements every year so in any case it might be different by the time you apply.