Premed 101 Forums

OOP waitlist should move

Guest dddd

• 1 month later...
Guest iownhonda

I have a question for you intelligent people regarding the suitable application time for general pre-meds. What year do pre-meds apply to med school normally? If I submit my application in my fourth year, would the people at the admissions office see the course grades I achieved from my fourth year and take that into consideration when determining my admission?

Or do they neglect my fourth year marks and only assess the academic performance of my first 3 years of university?

Lastly, do the admissions officers at USask favour giving seats to people with bachelors degree more than the people without? In other words, do they despise non-graduates like all the other institutions found in the North America?

Guest RageoftheDragon

UofS accepts people after 2nd year. That means you could apply during your second year if you so wish. However, it sounds like you're a bit further on. UofS will look at your best 2 years, and average those. Don't worry if you bombed one, they'll take your best 2 FULL years. Also, they give no precedence to those that have degrees. I was actually told once by an advisor not to worry about volunteering much as the UofS just didn't care about it. I know more people getting in without a degree than with one. Stats for last year: www.usask.ca/medicine/adm...ummary.pdf

show that 71% of people accepted did not have any degrees!

RotD

Archived