Premed 101 Forums

Waiting impatiently

Guest Adamanda

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest getitonthefloor

Kirsteen, when you say:

Today will be the UofT mail day! Lots of luck, everyone and looking forward to reading your good posts!

Is the bolded "will" just hope or fact? Just curious. My mailman/mailwoman passes by around 11AM.

Here's to short waiting times, or at least the feeling of such, today.

Guest mydream88

I think it's a hope getitonthefloor!

let us know if your mail had goodies for you in it!

mydream88:)

p.s. good luck!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

A Vespa would be great, but it has to be insured as a motorcycle, which means $$$$$.
Really? (You can tell I haven't gone this far in the Vespa investigations.) How does motorcycle insurance compare to car insurance? The price of a Vespa compared to a car is tremendous!

Incidentally, someone across the road from me rides in to work each day on a lovely wee burgundy Vespa. I often walk by it with a bit of a tongue hanging out. :P

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Is the bolded "will" just hope or fact? Just curious. My mailman/mailwoman passes by around 11AM.
I didn't mean to mislead you in any way, but it's pure optimism with a little sprinkling of educated guess. :)

Truly, if the packages were mailed on Friday, though, (assuming that they caught the last mail pick up at UofT), then they should be arriving today. Further evidence: last year it seems that some folks received their packages two days, post-mailing.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest getitonthefloor

Or at least my old life is over!

I just got my mail at around 10:10AM and I have been accepted into UofT medical school!

Woohoo!

Good luck to everyone! I am accepting this offer as it was my one and only interview (thanks to an 8 on verbal).

Woohoo!

Peace!

Guest mydream88

oh my gooooodness getitonthefloor!

that is incredible. can you share any details regarding the letter's appearance, etc and how you are feeling right now!!!

yay

mydream88

Guest Gill0927

Hi everyone,

AAARRRGGGHHH! Still no word from U of T (or Western, for that matter, but I've written them off now because I should have heard already if it was expressposted). So I'm giong nuts, and leaving town tomorrow, so I'm thinking of calling Leslie. I don't know if I can do it. What do you guys think?

Did they mail out acceptances and rejections/waitlists at the same time? If not, I guess it's another waitlist for me (or worse).

Congrats to all who have heard good news!

Gill

Guest mydream88

Dear Gill0927,

try to call/email Leslie and explain that you are going out of town and would therfore greatly appreciate her shedding some light on the matter. I think that all U of T letters were sent my regular mail and were sent out at the same time. As someone mentioned somewhere, Expresspost can still take up to 3 business days to arrive, so please don't fret :) . Are you sure you still didn't receive word? have you gotten your mail already today? if not, then hang in there until your mail arrives.

happy waiting, i do COMPLETELY know how you feel :\

mydream88

Guest Gill0927

Thanks for the encouragement, mydream.

Yeah, I already got my mail today, so I know they didn't come...it's so frustrating!

Gill

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there getitonthefloor,

Congratulations! :D

For the rest of us who still have to make the trek to the mailbox, can you give us an indication if it was the big or the little envelope for acceptances this year?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest gonzo23

Egh.

A second day of anticipation and no news today in KW.

I'm actually quite annoyed. I am taking a PR MCAT class and today is the final day that I can drop out and get a full refund.

I don't understand why each school has such a different way of mailing/notification.

Guest getitonthefloor

Okay, check this out.

The envelope is not a regular/typical white envelope. It's actually one of those yellowish-brown envelopes and it's the size of a paperback novel, or better yet a DVD case. Once you hold it, you can tell that there is more than one sheet in there, in fact, there are about 10 sheets in there regarding all sorts of different things. You have to actually look through and find the first page of the whole package. One look at the first line on that page and you know what's going on.

I pulled a quasi-all nighter on Sunday night cuz i couldn't sleep, hitting the sack around 3am. But when Monday didn't produce a letter i pulled an all-nighter again last night, taking a light nap around 7am. I was opening the Venetian blinds in my house around 10am, when i saw the postman across the street. I went outside and asked when he was gonna be crossing the street, and he said "in a few minutes". So i go upstairs and open the blinds up there when i see him coming towards my house. I was like "yes, my man!", and rushed down. I got the mail, and boom! It was over!

It juss feels soooo good. I've been wanting to be a doctor ever since grade school. My mom was a family physician and she influenced me soooo much. She passed away a year and a half ago, and when i got my letter today, i took a picture of her, looked at her, and said "WE DID IT!".

So yeah, I hope you all get in and accept at UofT. Then we can drop these codenames and get to know each other for real.

This is very exciting. All the waiting was worth it. In fact, you forget about all the waiting once you get a letter. It's juss like getting a really good mark on an exam that you studied a month for, and you forget how much you studied because the result you produced juss blows those memories of studying out of the water.

"Focus" - Mom

"The harder the struggle, the sweeter the victory" - Dad

Good luck to all!

Peace!

Guest gonzo23

Congrats getitonthefloor!

I'm so glad things worked out for you! Your take on the waiting game almost makes me want to wait a little longer :) Almost...

Enjoy your summer!

Guest Gill0927

Wow, getitonthefloor! That was a great post. I'm so happy for you! Congrats!

so, I called Leslie and explained that I won't be home to get my mail the rest of the week and she was really nice about it. I'm waitlisted at U of T, which makes 3 so far, with one more school to hear from, so I guess I keep waiting.

She also told me that they don't send any offers to waitlisters until after July 2, which struck me as odd given that other schools' waitlists start moving in about ten days' time. Does this seem weird to anyone else?

Congrats to all,

Gill

Guest mydream88

Dear Gill0927,

I hope you feel releived to know your status. Waitlists move, so chin up my friend :) there is DEFINITELY still hope. where u wailisted at?

good luck,

mydream88:)

Guest Gill0927

Thanks again mydream! I'm trying to stay positive!

To let you know, I'm waitlisted at Ottawa, Queens', and U of T so far, and waiting to hear from Western.

Western and U of T were both my first choices, but I"d be thrilled to get in anywhere!

Gill

Guest PaniDoktor

That waitlist bit does seem odd, not moving it until July 2nd, which is the firm acceptance deadline. It would mean that if you got waitlisted at UofT and accepted elsewhere, you'd have to REJECT your sure-thing to give yourself a chance to even come off the UofT waitlist. Doesn't make sense ... I'm hoping she meant June 2nd ...

(I accidentaly posted this on the Western forum, too :o )

Guest DesertRat101

Hi,

Just got my acceptance in the mail. To all those still waiting, best of luck and hope to see you all in September. By the way, getitonthefloor, it was a truly touching post - you will make a fine doctor:rollin

Guest mydream88

thanks for the reply :)

sounds like the ball is still rolling for you. I have a great feeling about it!

good luck for hearing news from Western!

mydream88

Guest Spritzer5

Congrats to everyone so far and good luck to everyone still waiting. I got my acceptance in the brown envelope this morning -what a great feeling, but it came after 3 previous attempts. The wait was worth it.

Cheers:hat

Guest Adamanda

Congrats to all of you receiving the brown envelope! I am going insane here at work...hopefully my brother will be home to check the mail this afternoon...

Has anyone received a rejection/waitlist letter or just acceptances today?

Archived