Premed 101 Forums

Waiting impatiently

Guest Adamanda

Guest Adamanda

Why do I have to be at work today?! Anxiously awaiting any posts saying that mail has been received from Toronto today!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mydream88

Adamanda, I COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE. I came in early today so I can leave early. I keep checking to see if anyone from U of T (and UWO) has heard back yet. I hope this wait doesn't drag on into the week!

:eek

mydream88

Guest Nightriders19

Fortunately, I have the day off work today (although I have to use the time to prepare for the Organic Chem lecture I'm giving tonight for the MCAT course I'm teaching (eep!).

I found out that I've been accepted at Queen's (my 2nd choice) and now I am REALLY anxious to find out about Toronto (my 1st choice). I hope that someone hears soon! I am checking this forum about every 2 minutes hoping that someone will post that they've heard from U of T.

I'm in Kitchener-Waterloo, so I think the earliest I can expect to get anything is tomorrow. GRRRRRR! Why can't the waiting just be OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Yeh, I doubt that UofT will give responses over the phone; however, if you mention that other schools are providing results via phone and if you just happen to be one of those who they know is about to receive a big package, then it just might work. :)

By the way, I've never seen this board so busy--80 folks all hanging about within 15 minutes. Woo.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Steve U of T

I'm at work and haven't checked my mail yet. I've got a seminar from 3-4, and will hopefully be home around 5 to check. We've waited almost 8 months, another few hours is no big deal.

Guest getitonthefloor

It's 2:10PM in Toronto, I woke up at 9AM and sat at my window facing the front of my house waiting for the postman. He showed up and he had no letter for me. I was thinking it would get here by now. But I guess I'll have to wait for Tuesday. Since Toronto is closest to...uh, Toronto, I thought us Torontonians would be first to get the letters. Snail mail must be really slow.

Yes, I'm impatiently waiting as well.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I live a 12-minute walk from the UofT Medical Sciences Building. Although my mailbox was graced with some little white envelopes today, thankfully no little white envelope appeared from UofT. (Secretly, I'm hoping that bigger envelopes take an extra day to reach their destinations. :) )

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest junglistMD

I guess it's still not impossible for it to come today. No one is at my house to check! Blast!

I called Queen's and have been waitlisted there. Not too exciting, since it's far from my first choice.

Guest mydream88

thanks for the update getitonthefloor and Kirsteen. I suppose *sigh* the wait will continue, hopefully no later than tomorrow.

keep on keeping on people :D

mydream88

Guest mydream88

ok, who has the guts to call? NOT ME! we need a volunteer, someone who doesn't have any 'good reason' to need to know over the phone, someone who isn't going away or anything like that. any takers?

mydream88

Guest Adamanda

I think the answer is U of T is the only school to send acceptances via regular SLOW snail mail >: . Western and Ottawa sent priority post.

Maybe they will be delivered tomorrow.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi again,

I just tried giving Admissions a shout but the call eventually went to voicemail. Can I say, it's a little, ahem, harrowing, waiting for someone to pick up the phone, or the voicemail to kick in. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest mydream88

cheers for Kirsteen! that was a gallant effort! thank you for taking one for the team! It was worth a shot.

anyone want to join me to storm the office ;) (just kidding) (half kidding :D )

mydream88

Archived