Premed 101 Forums

Waiting impatiently

Guest Adamanda

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there mydream88,

Maybe it's the "big envelope" syndrome: it takes longer to make it through the Canada Post system. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys,

Congratulations to everyone who has heard! I can't wait to meet all of you!:D

To answer your question Markus 21, the tuition is around $17,000 (could be a bit higher this year) and school starts the last week of August right before labour day. O-Week, which I HIGHLY suggest attending, starts the week before (around August 23).

bj

Guest ioncannon97

Just thought I'd drop in before I leave for Cali tonight,

Kirsteen,

I noticed you've been wiatlisted at UofT and accepted at UofC...I very much hope that you get off that waitlist and are in my class next year...but if its UofC...take it from a frequent visitor to Calgary...the move would take you to probably the best city in the country. Good Luck.

Guest Steve U of T

I got a thin, white envelope from U of T today, which gave me a bit of a scare for a second or two before realizing it was from my registrar's office. It was just my statement of results for this past year. Still nothing from the med school, and I'm in Toronto (North York). The weird thing about my statement of results was that it was postmarked in Scarborough. Apparently, for Canada Post, the shortest distance between two points is not a straight line. Hopefully tomorrow is the day for me.

Guest dr deelish

hahahaha .. dude .. the same thing happened to me today .. i got my shaft letter from Ottawa (no surprise there .. my interview sucked bum) but then I saw a little white envelope from Toronto .. and I was like "noooooo!" .. only then did I notice that it was from the Faculty of Arts & Science and not meds .. phew!

Somewhat comforting to know that someone else in the GTA hasn't heard anything yet! >:

Another sleepless night awaits ...

Guest Makunouchi

Trying not to check this forum... but it's hard when nothing has come in the mail yet...

'grats to all who got in thus far, and g'luck to those eyeing the mailboxes

Guest Nightriders19

Still waiting here in K-W too.

I'm going nuts here because UofT is my first choice, and I REALLY REALLY want to get in. I've got my acceptance from Queen's, but like Dr. Deelish, I got my shaft letter from Ottawa today (hey, my interview sucked bum also!) so I'm a little worried, and hoping that tomorrow brings wonderful things in the mail.

May we all see yellow envelopes in the mail tomorrow!

Nightrider

Guest ClimbOn

Nothing in Vancouver yet. I wish someone could sedate me and keep me sleeping until Friday, and hopefully by then I'll find out! I don't think I've ever felt so nervous for such a long time in my life. :(

Guest CTU24

Hi all,

I was accepted to U of T via mail on June 1...and let me tell you I know how you all feel...I'm still adjusting to not 2nd-guessing myself and being paranoid every 5 minutes.

I know it seems hard (and I didn't take this advice so why should you?), but you've gotta believe...while you're in the game there's still hope.

One day the NDP will win a federal election, the Maple Leafs will win the Stanley Cup, and you WILL get into med school. (no promises on the order of events though...any suggestions?)

You just have to keep hope, and you're the only one that can take that away from yourself

--CTU

Guest getitonthefloor

Hot damn!

CTU24, I do believe you brought a tear to my eye with your inspirational words, especially the part about the Leaf winning a Stanley Cup.

Congrats on getting in!

GO LEAFS GO!

Guest coleflower

Way to go all of you who have received happy news!

Unfortunately, I am still waiting to get a letter. I got the big no from Queen's and Ottawa yesterday, but apparently UT is taking its sweet time in the mail.

At least it's allowing me to keep up the charade a few extra days...

Good luck

Guest CTU24

Try not to be too pessimisitc Coleflower...I too got back to back rejections before my U of T acceptance (so I know exactly what you are going through.)

I hope you have the same outcome as me...I am sure you deserve it just as much as the next applicant...so keep your head up until it's over (which it is not close yet for you)

Best of luck,

Also, getitonthefloor, you got me thinking, what would make you cry more...Domi holiding the Cup or yourself holding a U of T acceptance?

Go 0T8 Go, see you in August if not sooner

--CTU24

Guest Ollie
the Maple Leafs will win the Stanley Cup

:lol ROTFLMAO. Ahahahahahaha! Thanks for lightening my mood as I am still waiting out here.

Hmmm, I guess if I get into UofT, I may have to stop all of this Leaf hating! :D

Guest PaniDoktor

I already recruited my sis to decorate my TO appartment (which I haven't gotten yet) SENS STYLE.

GO SENS GO!

Ya!

Guest CTU24

Sounds good PaniDoktor...I wouldn't mind watching the Leafs knock Ottawa out for a 5th time in a Sens infested locale

Now, if the Leafs could just find a way to play Ottawa in all 4 rounds...

--CTU24

Guest CTU24

Sounds good PaniDoktor, I wouldn't mind watching a 5th straight Ottawa collapse in a Sens infested locale (nothing gets the juices pumping like a Leafs/Sens feud, eh)

Now, if the Leafs could just play Ottawa for all 4 rounds we might actually have a chance...

--CTU24

Archived