Premed 101 Forums

Waiting impatiently

Guest Adamanda

Guest ioncannon97

Hey All,

Leslie definitely does not want to answer calls today based on the message on her voicemail...but I took my chance since I am in Saskatchewan and am leaving for California tomorrow....said that in the message I left....She returned the message.....WOOHOO, I AM IN. UofT has been my first choice all along. I AM ON CLOUD 9!!! If some others are in my situation ( i.e. likely to be leaving before the mail comes, you could try calling, but I doubt Leslie will return calls unless its a good reason). Good luck to all else!!!!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PaniDoktor

Congratulations! That's great! Enjoy the trip!!!!!!!!!

(I am leaving for Europe in a week, but I don't think that this is a good enough reason to justify a phonecall. Ugh, I'm soooooo impatient).

Guest mydream88

good job ioncannon97! :)

luckily, you had a great reason to bother them ahead of time. I feel a bit guilty bothering them without a reason.

mydream88:)

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there ioncannon97,

A hearty congratulations to you! That's fantastic news.

As for Leslie's voicemail, I didn't actually wait around long enough to hear her voice, so I didn't hear what it said. Oopsy.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest junglistMD

I couldn't stand it anymore... I had to do SOMETHING. I called Lesley and left her a message.

Only time will tell if she'll call back or not...

*crosses fingers*

Guest junglistMD

I told her I was going out of town this week for work (which is not a word of a lie).

What IS an embelishment, however, is that I won't be able to check the mailbox. My mom will be at home and can check it for me.

But I'm just very impatient. :)

Guest Ollie

Hey guys,

I am out here waiting as well. I'm expecting at least an extra day over those of you in Ontario, so probably not until Wednesday. It is very hard to concentrate on work. At least I have the day off tomorrow for my graduation. Wouldn't it be nice to have a double celebration!!

Guest junglistMD

so it's official... nothing in the mailbox. Except Queen's, which I already knew about because I called earlier (waitlisted). grrrr I can't believe it might be another 24 hours!

I didn't start feeling neurotic about this until the past few days... what's up with that? :lol

Guest junglistMD

so it's official... nothing in the mailbox. Except Queen's, which I already knew about because I called earlier (waitlisted). grrrr I can't believe it might be another 24 hours!

I didn't start feeling neurotic about this until the past few days... what's up with that? :lol

Guest Bleepo

Hey guys! I just got an email from one of my interviewers telling me that he had just learned of my offer of acceptance into the program at UT and hoped that I would accept it! :rollin Is that bizarre or what??...like the rest of you, I haven't received anything in the mail yet and I didn't know of any interviewers in the past emailing interviewees. I don't know if this is a standard practice for this year, but it doesn't hurt to check your emails! I was interviewed by Bill Chapman for those curious. Hears hoping to good news for the rest of you (and to hoping my email is not a mistake or some sort of cruel joke!!).

Guest PaniDoktor

WOW! What a great story - you must have made one heck of an impression! Congratulations :D !!!

(gotta go check my hotmail now ...)

Guest peachy

I got a similar email from my faculty interviewer last year. I'm sure there was a thread about it last year about this time, if you look through the archives. My impression is that they ask the faculty interviewers to do it to encourage people to come to U of T :) ... congratulations!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I'm quite happy to be on-campus at Sunnybrook for the entire morning tomorrow and then on the UofT campus tomorrow afternoon. It'll be nice to have lots of diversions while awaiting word from UofT, unlike today, where there seemed to be lots of diversions from the diversions. :)

Good luck tomorrow, everyone!

Kirsteen

Guest ioncannon97

Hey Guys,

After a few brief hours of talking to friends and family about it, I have decided that I will be accepting my UT offer. Since I probably won't be checking this board for a few days, I just wanted to wish the rest of you Good Luck! I hope all of you get great news from whichever schools you are hopeful for! And if its UofT that comes calling, I hope you will choose to attend as it would be a privelege to have you guys in my class next year!

Guest Bleepo

Hey Peachy, would you mind sharing some of your experiences at UT? What you do/don't like about the program? With such a big class size, how's the sense of community? How rigorous is the curriculum? Do you still get to go out and have fun? What are the class demographics (ie. avg age)? Do you like the comprehensive set up the of the program (vs. the systems-based approach)? I'm trying to decide between Ottawa and UT right now and it's a hard decision, so any insight you can offer would be great!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

My car was a wee bit mashed on the weekend by a guy who didn't have the best control of his reversing truck. Since today's the only day that the body shop dudes can come and check out the damage, I'm with you guys, waiting for the postman, again.

Today will be the UofT mail day! Lots of luck, everyone and looking forward to reading your good posts! :)

Kirsteen

Guest mydream88

I am sorry to hear about your car Kirsteen!

good luck waiting for the mailman/woman!! What time does s/he usually come by? My mailman comes at 2:30 so it's another looooong day ahead.

mydream88:)

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there,

I'm becoming convinced that a wee Vespa is a more intelligent way to go for a city-dweller. (In the warmer months, at least!) :D

My mailman stops by somewhere between 12:30 and 1:30, so only another 3.5 or so hours to go. May the mail folk bear big envelopes today. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest mydream88

I really hope so Kirsteen (and all ;) )

may today be a big day of celebration!

mydream88:D

p.s. I have always thought the Vespa was the ideal way to toot around town;) , though I'm to chicken to try it!!

Archived