Premed 101 Forums

Waiting impatiently

Guest Adamanda

Guest Maury1274

Hi Fellow Classmates,

I just sent off my deposit and damn it feels good. I can't wait to meet you all. O-week is gonna be amazing!!!!!!

:rollin

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PaniDoktor

It's all good ;)

Besides, it wasn't a 'collapse'. The leafs were lucky they had Belfour to carry them. But if the sens do play them again, it will be no contest. The leafs are too old now. The SENS will knock them right out of their walkers. :lol

On another note, I ALSO CAN"T WAIT TO MEET EVERYONE! This is really a dream come true :) .

Guest getitonthefloor

CTU24,

Seriously...that is a tough one. Domi or my acceptance letter? Wow...I sure do love that lil' rascal. But I'm sure that both things happening will happen, and the latter part already has. So anything is possible. I'm sure Domi will hold that cup up eventually...and I will definitely cry for joy when that happens.

Peace.

Guest CTU24

Well done Ollie...we must watch what we say w/ Sens fans on this board

Looking forward to O-week fellow 0T8ers

--CTU24

Guest Chris0000009

Hey guys,

I have yet to hear anything from U of T yet and am wondering if anyone outside of the GTA has received their letter? I'm in Kingston by the way.

Cheers,

Chris

Guest Ollie

Hey CTU24,

I'm a Canucks fan actually (but Sens are my second fave. I have a thing for Wade Redden :) ). I still relish the memories of Western Final 94. It's quite sad that I must go that far back for happy Canucks playoff memories!

I still haven't received word here in Vancouver. Hopefully Thursday is the day. Hoping to join the rest of you in OT8!

Guest McCarey007

Hey Ollie,

I'm in Vancouver and I just got my letter from UT today. Unfortunately it was the dreaded white thin envelope.

Oh well, good luck to you!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there McCarey007,

I'm sorry to hear that you, too, received a wee white envelope. :rolleyes Did UofT at least place you on the waitlist? Did you interview at some other schools?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest PaniDoktor

Hey McCarey007, sorry to hear that. If you're on the waitlist though, they do move, so don't lose hope.

And Chris00000009 (sorry if I miscalculated the zeros :) ) - I got a letter in Ottawa yesterday. I'm sure you'll get your mail in K-town today. Go get that mailman!

Guest McCarey007

Kirsteen & PaniDoktor,

No waitlist for me. Yeah, I heard it moves a lot as well so good luck to you and those on the list!!

Had I been accepted to UT, I would have been able to help move the UBC waitlist. Well, I'm happy with my UBC acceptance. UT's acceptance would just be that icing on the cake. :) I'm a BC resident Kirsteen, so as an OOP applicant, you wouldn't have received much help from me with regards to moving the OOP waitlist :P

Guest MadScientist03

Hey guys,

Is anyone else out there still waiting to get a letter??? I'm in Brampton and still no sign of a UofT envelope (white or yellow!!!). Plus, I'll be away all day tomorrow at my convocation :\ and wont' be able to check mail until tomorrow night.

This is crazy.

MS

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there McCarey007,

Thanks for sharing your details. :) The great thing is, you are among those fortunate enough to know that you're on the path to medicine this September. That's a feat, and a good one. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest interviewed

I am in Vancouver and just got my yellow mail today. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting. I know it hurts but it's well worth the wait.

Guest Laadi

I did not receive any letters in the mail today, but I just got an email from Dr. Maureen Shandling (director of admissions)telling me that I have been accepted. I am not still so sure whether to believe this email or not, there was no talk about sending emails when I went for interview. I was wondering if anyone else has received an email or if anyone has any thoughts on this.

Guest mydream88

Laadi,

that is silly :)

you are IN!!

that is the person who signed my acceptance letter so it sounds legit to me. why don't you quickly give admissions a shout to verify!

congratulations and welcome :D

mydream88

Guest dr deelish

Congrats Laadi .. you're in ..

I received the email as well (just now actually) and I already received my yellow envelope .. so now I'm doubly sure they didn't make a mistake with me !!

Guest thesaug

Hi Laadi,

I also got an email congratulating me on my acceptance from the member of the faculty who interviewed me. So that email is legit for sure! Congrats!

Guest Laadi

Thanks everyone, I guess I can go and celebrate now! Cannot wait to see all you guys.

I have been in Canada for less than four years and the only city I have lived in has been Vancouver, it is going to be a big change for me moving to Toronto, but nonetheless a very exciting one.:rollin

Guest ioncannon97

Congrats Laadi,

Wow, only in Canada for four years and in medical school already. What an achievement! Where were you before Canada? Oh, and don't worry, Toronto is a great city. You'll like it.

Guest Laadi

Hi ioncannon97,

Well, I was in Iran studying medicine!!Cannot believe I am back into med school again. I came here to continue my studies at UBC,but they told me that I have to start from first year undergrad and so I did. It has been quite a Journey but cannot regret any of it.;)

Guest dddd

Apparently a big yellow envelope arrived in Vancouver today, so I'm assuming it's an acceptance. I'll have to wait till Sunday to see for sure, as I'm out of town right now though:)

Archived