Premed 101 Forums

Housing and roommate wanted!

Guest Medzgirl

Guest Medzgirl

Congrats to everyone OT8! ;)

Has anyone started looking into housing yet? Any tips for someone who's not too familiar with Toronto? I'm planning on going there for a few weekends to find an apartment. I'd like to get a 2 bedroom within walking distance of the school and share it with another female student, preferably a fellow OT8. I'm generally fairly neat and quiet, friendly, don't smoke, planning on doing well and having lots of fun next year. If you're interested in being roommates, please leave me a message in my ezInbox or reply to this message.

Thankz!

• 10 months later...
Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1118446620</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>Y</thread>

<threadtitle>What to do with Grad while waiting for Meds</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>JTJ</username>

<dateline>1115391660</dateline>

<title>What to do with Grad while waiting for Meds</title>

<pagetext>So I was ecstatic when I got into the graduate program of my choice, as if I do not get into meds, I will gladly pursue a graduate degree in the meantime until I apply for meds again. So, should I hold out on the acceptance and accept it only if I know I'm rejected from med, or should I accept now, and if I do get into med, "cancel" the acceptance?

I don't want to do the latter... is it rude?... and also I would like to eventually do a degree with this department anyway in the future (even if I do get into meds) so I don't want them to remember me as the person who ditched them for med school! (And they would remember me as the admissions committee/profs know me!). I called them and they said that they may impose a deadline for acceptance depending on how many acceptances they receive, so I hope they notify us of any deadlines by email in advance!

Anyone had a similar situation before?

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I was in an identical situation last year where I was accepted into my ideal PhD program, but was also awaiting word on the outcome of four medical school interviews. I consulted my MSc supervisor about this and we agreed on the approach to conditionally accept the PhD spot with full disclosure as to why it was a conditional acceptance. The graduate department was very understanding upon receipt of that notification and had no problems with this.

When I did receive a medical school acceptance I immediately notified the graduate department, and I sent individual e-mails to my graduate supervisors-to-be (who were aware of my medical school applications), as well as the department heads, noting that it would be possible that I would return during residency to pursue the PhD. Although departments' and individuals' reactions may vary, everyone in my situation seemed to be quite understanding.

Good luck,

Kirsteen

• 1 month later...
Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1118446620</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>Y</thread>

<threadtitle>need a roomy!!</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>15Sacha</username>

<dateline>1086205140</dateline>

<title>need a roomy!!</title>

<pagetext>I am looking for a female roommate and an apartment! Is there anybody seeking a female roommate that wants to search together. Drop me a line in my ez inbox or reply to this message.

Sach

Archived