Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

.


takasugi
 Share

Recommended Posts

The first author is pretty much always the presenter. In my experience, even if someone did all the work and made the poster but can't make the conference to present, then whoever will present the poster is placed as first-author even if they didn't do most of the work lol  not sure if this is always the case though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, premed_67 said:

The first author is pretty much always the presenter. In my experience, even if someone did all the work and made the poster but can't make the conference to present, then whoever will present the poster is placed as first-author even if they didn't do most of the work lol  not sure if this is always the case though

In that case, the proper thing would still be to keep the author order, because the convention to indicate who is presenting is to underline their name on the poster. So usually that's the first author but it could be any co-author

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Eudaimonia said:

In that case, the proper thing would still be to keep the author order, because the convention to indicate who is presenting is to underline their name on the poster. So usually that's the first author but it could be any co-author

That's really good to know! In the lab that I work in, we'd always have to place the presenter as the first author 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, premed_67 said:

That's really good to know! In the lab that I work in, we'd always have to place the presenter as the first author 

Yeah I know no one teaches you these things lol, I only found out when I looked up how to cite my posters and subsequently noted the distinction at conferences. Really it makes little difference, the involvement on a poster is taken much less seriously than the order on a published paper 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 1/22/2019 at 6:26 AM, premed_67 said:

The first author is pretty much always the presenter. In my experience, even if someone did all the work and made the poster but can't make the conference to present, then whoever will present the poster is placed as first-author even if they didn't do most of the work lol  not sure if this is always the case though

You said right...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...