Premed 101 Forums

to my fellow OT8ers

Guest Nightriders19

Guest Nightriders19

Hi guys!!!!!

Well, after much anxiety, I got that wonderful, wonderful yellow envelope today (at the mail sorting station actually, because my fiance befriended my mailman yesterday!), and I'm off to Toronto this fall! I can't even begin to describe what a relief this is!

I just wanted to say that I can't wait to meet you guys at O-week in August! I'm sure the next 4 years are going to be FANTASTIC!

If any of you folks were at the first interview weekend in February, I was the redhead in the green suit (yeah, so apparently I missed the "wear a black suit memo" :P ).

Anyway, I'm off to Toronto now, since I've got the day off. My fiance and I are just going to go spend the day celebrating. I think he was more anxious than I was :) .

Congrats folks!

Laura

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PaniDoktor

Hey Laura!

Congratulations! You definately deserve to celebrate!

I was there during the first interview weekend, too. I think I remember you. I was the blond girl in a black suit ... oh wait ... there were at least twenty of us :D . Anyways, enjoy your summer, and I hope to see you in September.

Hanna.

Guest CTU24

Hi Laura,

Congrats on the good news...you can now join the surreal dream-like state that the rest of us are in (or it just could be that there is something terribly wrong w/ me)

Party it up...I plan to until O-week

I was at the Febr 22 interview weekend, although I don't remember either of you...but I'm a guy so I will use that as an excuse not to notice the color of clothes (it's up to you if you buy that)

I will now follow in both your footsteps and reveal my true identity... (insert corny drumroll here)

--Sam (see the rest of you 0T8ers soon)

Guest mydream88

count me in guys :D . Congratulations to you all :D

this is TOTALLY surreal! whooo hooo.

I can't wait to get to know each and every one of you!

mydream88:)

Guest dr deelish

Congrats Laura!! ..

I think I do remember you actually .. do you remember me ? I was the girl that told my interview panel at Queen's that I nearly burnt down Ryerson (last year) ... Despite that I actually got a waitlist spot ... :smokin

Guest Adamanda

I will be joining you guys in the fall and went to the first interview wknd as well (Sunday). I was wearing a brown suit and pink blouse, brown hair!! It will be nice to put faces to names during o-week!

Amanda

Guest ioncannon97

Hey all,

Great to see all these future OT8ers. Can't wait to meet all of you. I was at the March interview weekend...doesn't seem like any folks from that weekend on here. Anyhow, just wondering, have those of you from outside T.O. given any thought to the housing situation. What are you guys planning?

Guest gonzo23

Ioncannon,

I was at the march weekend.. I'm from Waterloo... wore a grey suit w/ purple tie (I'm east Indian).

As for housing I'm thinking of looking to find a condo and living with one other student. Now finding the other person and a place is the problem :)

Guest Lupe925

Hey there guys. I just got my notification today and I'm SO EXCITED!!! I too was at the March weekend, although I didn't participate in the festivities prior to my interview on the Sunday (I came in from out of town and my mom and sister laid claim to my time). I was in school in California, and went to McMaster for undergrad. Navy suit (REALLY original, eh?), brown hair.

Guest thesaug

Hey everyone!

Reading everyone's posts here is gettin me pumped...I was on the first interview weekend (the friday actually)...wearing a dark navy suit with very thin red pin stripes (basically something that most guys were wearing)...can't wait to meet all of u!

Guest CTU24

I couldn't restrain myself any further...how could people remember the clothes that someone may have wore when they might have met another interviwee at possibly the same interview day?

Are there any guys out there who are w/ me on this...c'mon I can't even remember what I wore last week, nor what my co-workers wore today.

oh yeah, if you're interested I wore a black suit, white shirt, navy/black tie, black socks, and green boxers on Feb 22. (can we add a separate thread for this like the accepted/waitlisted/rejected thread?)

Go 0T8!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone's outfit at O-week.

--CTU24

Guest PaniDoktor

Yeah, clothes are a rather bad identifier seeing as we all looked generic and essentially the same. It won't happer O-week though! I haven't picked out my outfit yet, but I'll keep you posted ;) . Alternatively, we can all PLAN to dress alike (80's prom anyone?).

Yey to useless posts! Ok, I really can't wait! You guys have a kick-ass summer and I'll be seeing you in August.

:rollin

Guest Bleepo

Hmm... thought I'd join the fun... i was in the typical black suit and white shirt ..hehe .. anyone remember me?? j/k ... I was interviewed during the April weekend. I can't believe the fun has already begun with my future OT8ers .. :D

Guest peachy

Heh, oh me too. Funny thread. I wore purple. But wait, since it was a year earlier....I guess the chance of any of you guys remembering me is slim. :)

Guest Ollie

Anyone else from May interviews accepted?? There were only 9 of us, so I'm sure we all remember each other!

Wow, I am going to have to get used to referring to myself as an 0T8!

Guest ioncannon97

Hey Guys I just had a thought...

Most of us are pretty pumped about this med school admission stuff...and are thus checking this board multiple times a day (because that is what we have gotten used to doing before admission!). However, within a week or two, we will all get busy in our summer plans and it will make it tough for us to all contact each other as we will likely not check this board as frequently.

So, I just want to say all OT8ers out there: check this board a week or two before O-week. Let's plan a get together before O week. A lunch, dinner, or maybe even a night out. Hey, we are all going to be busy bees once this thing gets going. Lets enjoy it while we have free time.

Guest UBClebronjames

Hey buddy congrats!

I was a classmate of yours at Waterloo before I went to UBC. We had the same interview day and I also saw you later at UW in your biology/beer drinking class. I am guessing that gonzo23 is you (your name starts with R and ends with T right?)

again congrats, you deserve it!

Just to let you know I will be attending UBC med this year. I haven't heard back from TO yet but at this point it doesn't matter.

best of luck!

Guest Nikhila

To my fellow OT08ers,

I'm so looking forward to meeting all of you, I interviewed the last weekend in March, I was the only East Indian girl there I believe.... If that helps to jog any memories (I know its a LONG shot) I have already had the distinct pleasure of meeting mydream88 (congrats again sweetie!) and I think we should totally organize a pre-frosh get together....

Congrats to everyone, have a kickin summer!

Nikhila

Guest Nightriders19

I'm totally up for a pre-O-week get together! You guys all sound like such awesome people, that I'm sure we're going to get along great!

Oh, and Dr. deelish...I totally remember you! Hopefully that waitlist moves fast :) How did it go for you at other schools?

Anyway, YAY OT8!

Laura

Guest mydream88

count me in :D

p.s Nikhila, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, i am so proud of you girl!!! Now we can be in the same class, it is going to be a wonderful class! I just can't wait to meet you all.

mydream88

Guest dr deelish

Hey Laura ..

Actually, I'm in at UT ... I was waitlisted at Queen's last summer after admitting I was a pyromaniac .. :D

I'm definitely in on the pre-O-week lunch .. :)

See you then guys!

Archived